Chapter 15

{Asher}

I saw Becca fighting a Beta, she knew him. Then instantly I remembered him. He is the Beta that took her. I started to run off the Hover to help her, but a Rebel stopped me.

"Sir I cannot let you off the Hover once you have boarded." He said.

"No, I have to help her! He will kill her!"

As I said those last words, Becca ran onto the Hover, sat down and buckled up. The Rebel looked at me slyly. I glared in return. I returned to my seat and buckled, patiently waiting for the Hover to take off. It only took a minute for the engine to roar to life and we took off. I noticed Becca staring absentmindedly out the Hover window.

'What is she looking at?'

Aside from the blood that was sprayed on her face, I saw four bleeding dots on her neck.

He bit her, he was going to rip her throat out!

I only noticed it because it was the only blood that flowed down her neck and into her shirt. Rage consumed me, my mind rampaged on about what I would do to him. I composed myself so Becca wouldn't see me. The bite-marks on her neck were bleeding more freely now. She didn't even bother to dab it, or stop it for that matter.

"Becca, your bleeding." I said.

She didn't move as quickly as I thought she would have. She looked like she was playing through the motions. She touched her neck, and gazed absently at the blood on her fingers.

"Is that mine?" She asked quietly.

"A little bit of it, yes." I said.

"The rest is the Beta's. The one I killed."

"Yes." I said.

Why is she acting like this? She has always been the sharpest knife in the drawer, now she is acting like the dull unused knife stashed in the back. Did the Beta say something her?

I got a rebel's attention.

"Help her, she... she is shock from the blood." I lied.

Becca has never been affected by the sight of blood, she could swim in it and not see why everyone looked at her sideways. The rebel returned with a doctor. After he wiped off her face, he examined her further, then took her further up in the Hover. My eyes followed them and caught Brax's eye.

'Where are they taking her?' he mouthed.

'I don't know.' I replied.

I saw fear swell in Brax's eye, he feared for her.

He still loves her.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

After flying for probably three hours we land in an underground base.

"All rescued personnel please evacuate the Hover." A rebel said ushering us out.

I found Brax and Callum and quickly walked over to them.

"Have you seen Becca or Brody?" Callum asked me.

"No," I replied, looking around the base for her.

My eye caught a MedBed with a pail girl on it, followed by a boy. Twins.

"Becca!" I yelled sprinting after the two MedBeds. I didn't care to look and see if Brax and Callum were following me. I just ran after Becca and Brody.

Becca and Brody were both sleeping on MedBeds as they floated into the MedRoom. The nurses pulled curtains closed and I slumped breathless to the floor.

"What the heck Asher?" Brax demanded.

"I saw her and I didn't want to lose her again." I said.

"You just ran off after you yelled her name. We lost you until Cal heard you panting." Brax said.

"Brax,"

We both look at Cal.

"You need to save Becca." he said.

"What?" he asked.

"The doctors have moved to the next room to work on Brody. Becca's heart is going to stop if you don't do anything."

Without thinking, I ran into the MedRoom and looked at the body that was supposedly Becca. Scars ran up and down her arms so severely, they had to put the IV in her neck. Her face was swollen, bruises ranged from black eyes to a handprint in her cheek. Rage and pity consumed me, on one hand wanted to strangle whoever did this to her and on the other I wanted to kiss everyone of her scars and tell her she would be safe with me. Monitors beeping loudly reminded me that she would die if I didn't act now. I jumped on her MedBed and began CPR.

"Help! Someone, help!" I yelled.

Two nurses and a doctor ran into the room, and took over. One nurse tried to usher us out, but all she got from is were glares of refusal. Realizing that she wasn't getting anywhere with us, she returned to help with Becca.