Chapter 19

{Becca}

Part I

I walked from the MedBase, furious.

How blind are they? Do they really think I would fall for Toby? Toby was the one who scarred my body in the first place! It's his fault my arms and back are mutilated! 'Saving you to be his mate'. I have no other emotion other than rage towards that boy.

"God, they are all freaking blind." I hissed under my breath.

A thought slithered into my mind.

If I go to see him and just tell him straight up that he is insane if he thinks I will be his mate, It may discourage him from pressing on! Or I could fall for the sob-story he has planned for me... the odds are fifty-fifty. Those are my kind of odds.

The first thing I have to do is find Tristan.

"Hey," I stopped a random boy. "I was instructed to talk to General Tristan but I have no idea where he is?" I batted my eyes.

"Oh, your the new one aren't you sugar?" He said.

"Yes." I said innocently.

"Alright hun," he said. "He is up in the Military Base."

The boy took me to a nearby elevator, and pressed the button to the Military Base level and walked out of the elevator.

That was easy. I thought as I placed the canteen of water I took from his cart in the small of my back.

I got off the elevator at the Military base level. I went into the control room and looked for the general. It's not hard his tall figure, especially when he is the only one in a jump suit. I walked to him.

"General." I said.

"Ah, Becca. So glad to see you are alright. I heard everything and I am truly sorry about that. If there is anything I can do for you, please don't hesitate to ask." He said.

"General, I'm calling in that favor right now." I said.

Tristan turned to stare at me. "And, what would you need?" He asked.

"I want to see him." I said.

"I am afraid I can't-"

"You said anything, are you going back in you word, General?" I challenged.

Resentment flashed in his eyes.

"Arrange for the Beta boy to have a visitor in twenty minutes." The General said to his commander.

The commander nodded and typed away on his computer. The General escorted me to the elevator. We both entered and began our decent into the deeper levels.

"You must really need to talk to him if you need to see him just after he attacked you."

"Indeed." I said simply.

We stood in silence the rest of the decent. We reached an unknown level and I exited the elevator. Tristan didn't exit with me.

"You will be monitored at all times, including audio." He said.

I nodded.

"You will also be put through a security checkpoint." He added.

I nodded again.

The elevator closed and I followed the hallway into the prison and like Tristan said, there was a security checkpoint before you entered the prison.

"Remove your shoes, jewelry or any type of metal you have on you." Guard One said.

I took off my shoes, and hesitantly removed the canteen. Guard Two eyed me suspiciously.

"In case I need a drink." I lied.

The guards said nothing.

I walked through their metal detector and grabbed my flask along with my shoes. Guard One led me to a cell holder and opened the door. It looked like an interrogation room but it was open.It also had a table. There was a clip of some sort on the table.

Probably to clip the handcuffs down.

The door swung open and Toby walked into the room. They didn't clip his handcuffs to the table. He just sat down. I nervously reached for the flask, if he even tries to come near me I will cut him. Toby didn't even acknowledge me sitting right in front of him. I cleared my throat and Toby looked up a me. His face lit up at the sight of me, a vast pool of emotion swirled in his eyes.

"Becca," He sighed, standing up from the table, hands extended.

I shot from my seat, staring daggers at him.

"Don't." I warned.

"I'm so glad you came to see me." He said.

"Let's get one thing straight, I am not down here to confess my dying love for you. I am not here to be your lover. I am here to tell you that you are absolutely insane, and I refused to be your mate. I can't stand you. You have scarred me forever."

"I haven't scarred you Becca." He said.

Fury overcame my body. I reached back, hiding the pain, and unzipped my suit. Grateful that Annabeth had a workout bra I wore. I stripped the top of my suit down and turned so that he could see my back. I heard him moan outwardly.

"You did that. You scarred me. Your sick, you didn't even ask me a question, you just lashed me. Then you carved X's into my back. You have scarred my body, Toby. You made me look as though I was so depressed, I have failed attempts on my arms." I hissed.

I put my suit back on and turned to face him.

"You have no excuses for your actions, do you?" I asked.

"It is not my fault that you are my mate. It's how all of us are. When we are made, we only have one thing to look forward to. Death or a mate. You are given two visions, one of our death, and one of our mate. If you choose not to search for a mate, you know how you are going to die and you just embrace it. If you choose to search for a mate, you search and search until you find them. I had searched for years for my mate, and I had given up hope after five years of searching. Then when I was fighting you, I saw the vision. I saw that you were my mate. I was in shock and that when you decided to... escape my grasp." He said, probably recalling how I kneed him in the crotch.

I sat silently.

"I...I am so sorry that I lashed you without reason. I am so, so sorry that I carved X's into your back. I am sorry for everything I did to you." Toby said with his puppy-dog eyes. "Please forgive me."

He has searched five years for you, he does love you. He only beat you because it wasn't time for him to realize you're his mate. You're being mean to him, stop it! The voice in my head said.

No, no stop it! I hate him, he was the one who tortured me! I can't be his mate! I yelled back.

"No!" I yelled aloud.

I put my head in my hands and stood up, I shook my head. I had to get the voice out, the voice is wrong. I am not Toby's mate, I will not be his mate!

"Becca?" Toby was around the table, heading towards me.

"NO!" I took the water from the canteen and froze myself in a little bubble.

"Becca!" Toby yelled.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

(0_o)! Why does she fear being his mate so much? Comment why you think she is! Part II in the making!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~