Chapter 1

Lauren's POV
"Chris, wake up big boy" I said walking into a little corner in our little house, that's what Chris calls it but I call it a getaway. It was a regular thing;I wake up Chris at 4 in the morning and go to up the street on our neighbors house ask for a bucket of water of course she gives us some water because she feels sorry for us walk back to our "little house" and since Chris is only 4 I clean him and sometimes if I'm lucky there's some more water for me if not then I hope that it rains that day. Then once Chris is clean I get him dress with some of our neighbors sons clothes,our neighbors only have a son around Chris's age so all the clothes our neighbors give us go to Chris. I get clothes by walking the streets and hopefully I find something if not then my friend,Normani gives me some clothes but I don't ask for a lot.

We have been living like this for 4 years. I was 12 when I ran away taking Chris and I ended up here. My parents would hit me and Chris all the time they would drink. They never loved us if they did then they had a strange way of showing it. "5 more minutes Lauwen" Chris yawned moving to his side. Chris doesn't know our parents nor will he ever as long as I live. All he know is,is that our parents is on a trip to visit family and won't be back. "Chris come on we need to leave and get ready" I told him picking his light body up he immediately wrapped his arms and legs around my body. "Are you feel well?" I asked noticing how he's acting, he would never act like this if he wasn't sick. "My head hurts" Chris complained. "Okay I'll tell you what I'm going to leave you here can you be a good boy and not answer the door or anything,got it?" I asked seeing Chris weakly smile I knew he was in pain. "I'll ask Normani if she has anything for stomach pain. I need to get going stay here if you want food then eat,there's water and milk in the refrigerator" I told him as I got in my side of the room their was a curtain diving my side and Chris's side.

I got dressed in a old black shirt and some sweats getting my books and a pen, kissing Chris on the head before heading out. The sun was barely raising when I was half way to school it took about 45 minutes for me to walk to my school if it was a good day. I would walk pass houses, sweaty always seeing the same girl walking on the opposite side on the rode walking to the same school, her name was Camila. I didn't know her I only have a few classes with her,she's very nice to me,not a lot of people are.

All she has done was helped me on my science homework,most people won't even look at me. They all think I'm a no good scumbag that killed her parents in a fire...I didn't. But I saw them and I saw the fire... I don't like to talk about it. I walked in school looking back not see Camila but I went on my morning.

Students staring at my rugged clothes and how dirty my hair is. Teacher would look at me the same in disgust. No of them have confronted me just because they we're scared of me. They all think I killed my parents like I said. I have this reputation ,"the badass" or "the scumbag" I didn't care what people thought about me they didn't even care to get to know me,well except Normani and Ms. Lovato the only teacher that couldn't give a shit about the stupid rumors.

Normani and I have been friends since I was like 5,she would ask why I would have a black eye or why I looked like I just got jumped I would just tell her I ran into something, I couldn't tell her my parents did this. Later on when I was maybe 14 I told her everything and it was the first time knew I had a true friend.

"Hey,Lauren did you get your science homework done?" Normani asked,she wasn't afraid or anything to be near me and she knows I didn't kill anyone when she heard the rumors she actually laughed.

"Oh shit I forgot,I had Chris to feed" I said running my fingers through my hair. "It's fine just tell Ms. Lovato you forgot" Normani suggested,I hated not having my work done everyone thinks I'm stupid,but I'm not I really am not I just always forget to do it so that's why Camila helps me do my homework assignments. "I guess, Oh and Mani,Chris is sick do you have any stomach pain medicine for him?" I asked hoping she had some in her dance bag. Normani always gets stomach pains because of dance she is either eating, or dancing, or working out that's her daily routine. "Yes I do actually" Normani told me digging in her dance bag,pulling out a little plastic bag with tiny pills in them,"Here take some"Normani said taking a couple of them out,handing them to me. "Thanks Mani" I told her putting the pills in my backpack where I know it won't get lost.

"We better get to class you know how people get if you're late." Mani warned me, every time I'm late they send me to the office, but if other people are late its fine but since I'm a "bad kid" they always do it,that the only time they get me in trouble, its I'm late. They just don't want me in their classroom. "Yeah your right" I said,Mani and I have all classes together its a miracle that I have her if I didn't I would have probably been bullied by everyone in class. She sticks up for me,just because I can't.

We walked to our first period and already my teacher is disgusted by me I would have flipped him off but -well why not. So that's what I did I walked in flipping off my teacher smiling at my actions,Normani slapped my hand in a playfully matter and smiled,the teacher didn't do anything so that was good. It was my first time doing anything like that. Normani took her seat in the front while I walked all the way back to the classroom to my seat. I didn't sit alone I had that girl,Camila,but we didn't talk much. I would sometime make jokes mocking the teacher and I would see her giggle or something,which make me feel warm inside. "Good morning" I said to Camila say she smiled at me,I'm taking that as a good morning right back.

Camila's POV
"Good morning" Lauren said to me,I just smiled not wanting to embarrass myself. Lauren and I are friends I guess...Lauren was this badass who I heard killed her parents by burning their house, but I don't believe them she doesn't seem like someone who would do something like that. She wouldn't even kill a fly or even stand up for herself what makes people think she could kill people. I don't judge her I see her walking with her baby brother and she's so sweet to him. Do I like her? Yes I do like her,but we could never be. I see lots of girls drooling over the "badass" girl and she never dated any girl, and she's gay most girls aren't gay but just like the badass reputation I guess. I like her because I see the girl who would do anything for her friend Normani and her brother,she sweet,caring and beautiful. I want to get to know her but I'm to shy to even say anything flirtatious to her.

Lauren's POV
Camila seems to be focused on that pencil because she's been staring at the object for a good 5 minutes. She looks so cute when she does that. I leaned over to tap on her back,"Hey are you okay?"I asked seeing how red Camila got when I talked to her. "Yeah...it's a really cool pencil" Camila told me I laughed taking it as a joke, Camila chuckled with me. "You're funny...I like that" I said now feeling my cheeks getting red,I can believe I just said that now I bet she's thinks I'm so stupid and a loser.

Camila POV
Did Lauren just say I'm funny? And she like it? I think I'm going to pass out. She's so cute when she turns red.

Authors note
Hey guys so this is my new story hope you like it.
The title is based off of a song and a Camren video so go a check those videos out
Vote/Comment
Love you guys