Chapter 15

Lauren's POV
"Okay so here's your dress,and let your hair down...and your done. Your going to be asked to sing songs so hopefully you know a lot of songs,good luck and don't mess up" Frank told me,in a little room where the band and I are suppose to be before the restaurant opens.

Im in the red long dress with a necklace,had make up on and my hair was in a pony tail but Frank wanted it down,and I have sneakers on.

I never had any of this not the dress, make up not even nice shoes.

"Jauregui your up" a waiter said opening the door. I nodded,following him to the stage I was going to be singing on.

I saw guest coming in wearing fur coats and then I saw her...

Ariana and Camz, shit. What the hell?
This is their date,great if Camila sees me she's going to think I'm here to ruin her time. I can't let her see me.

I was headed off stage but the band got in my way coming up to the stage.

I looked at them ordering food,I felt uneasy. The waiter noticed me trying to leave the stage so he turned on the mic and pushed me to the top of the stage where everyone clapped.

I awkwardly waved,seeing Ariana and Camila stare at me.

Oh God why did I have to do this?
***********************************
"Oh this is how it starts, lighting strikes the heart. It goes off like a gun brighter than the sun. Oh it could be the stars,falling from the sky. Shining how we want,brighter than the sun" I sang,I looked down the whole time not wanting to make eye contact with my ex and her date.

I could hear them laughing, it killed me inside but I needed to be a friend right now.

"Do a original song" I heard the band say. I've been doing songs most people already know,they want something soft and slow.

I didn't want to sing something like that because the dance floor is in need of people to dance on it,and I don't want Camila and Ariana to dance.

"But I don't have one" I lied. I didn't want to sing a original song what of people don't like it.

"Just do something"

I nodded walking to the mic again looking at everyone waiting for me to sing.

Just sing words,sing your life,sing about something Lauren people are waiting...Great now Camila is looking at you.

I smiled and waved,she waved back giving me a thumbs up.

"Okay Lauren you got this" I said softly.

"There was a house built out of stone,wooden floors,walls and window sills. Tables and chairs worn by all of the dust. This is a place where I don't feel alone. This is a place where I feel at home.

Cause,I built a home for you for me...until it disappears from me from you...and now its time to leave and turn to dust" I sang think of my life,about my parents, about Chris about Camila.

"Lauren can you sing me something I can't fall asleep" Chris said with a teddy bear in his arms.

"What do you want to hear buddy?"

"The one you wrote. I hear you singing it,I really like it" Chris said.

"Okay but right after I sing you better be asleep"I told him kissing his nose.

"Out in the garden where we planted the seed there is a tree as old as me,branches were seen by the color of green. Ground had arose and passed its knees. By the cracks of the skin I climbed to the top. I climbed the tree to see the world. When the gusts came around to blow me down I held on tightly as you held onto me. I held on as tightly as you held onto me"I repeated.

I shook my head thinking of Chris and finishes the song.

Everyone clapped and stood up. I feel really good,like I'm meant to do this in life.

I walked with the band off stage seeing Camila look at me. " That was amazing Lauren "a girl said,she played the piano.

"Thanks,Kate" I said going into a room.

"That was great Lauren, I'm Tyler, that's Kate and Josh and over their is Debbie" Tyler said shaking my hand.

"Thanks"

"If you want to,you can join we need another singer,its just Tyler who sings" Debbie said drinking some water.

"Are you joking yeah I'm going to join" I said,smiling.

There was a knock on the door, "Its open" Josh said the door opened revealing Camila and Ariana.

Authors note
Hey guys I hope you like this chapter. I hope you also like the songs I used
Vote/Comment
Love to guys