Chapter 3

I glanced down at the floor. My body was motionless and so was my head. I couldn't think about anything else except the fact that Tyler had discovered.

"Tell me, Stephanie! Because that's something I don't understand!" He exclaimed.

"I-I'm sorry," I stammered.

He bent his face down and ran his hands through his hair. My hand started shaking because I didn't know what to do in a situation like that. It was all new to me.

"I-I'm sorry, Ty," I said, chewing my lower lip.

He stayed said nothing for a while. It was a different kind of silence. It was a silence that even though there were no words spoken, it said everything. At least to me, it did.

"No, S," Tyler stated after a few seconds in silence. "I'm the one who should apologize. I overreacted. I shouldn't have yelled at you like that." He said.

I just kept facing the floor as I pulled a loose strand of hair from my face and behind my ear.

"Can I give you a hug?" He quietly asked. I nodded in reply.

Tyler wrapped his arms around my waist and pulled me closer to him. I could feel his strong scent, something like a rainforest. It was the best feeling on earth. There was nothing in the world that I would trade for that hug. He buried his face in my neck and I wrapped my arms around his neck. A comfortable silence surrounded us as my cheek was pressed against his chest as I felt his slow breathing and felt his heart beat at its pace. For a moment, everything was perfect.

He slowly pulled away and so did I. Not because I wanted to though. I could feel his strong gaze burning in me.

"But Steph," He started, running his hands through his hair. "Why did you do it?" He asked.

"I-I don't know..." I muttered.

But deep inside I knew why I had done it. I was jealous. The thought of Tyler with another girl that wasn't me made my blood boil at the slightest thought.

"There has to be a reason, S," He said.

"I guess I was just afraid..." I mumbled.

"Afraid of what?" He asked.

"That you'd forget me," I whispered.

"What?" He interjected. "That I'd forget you? S, that's like saying that monkeys don't like bananas. I would never forget you, S. And I never will. Never." He said.

Tyler always made me so emotional. I had never cried for anyone. Never. I just threw the "screw-everyone-and-everything" façade and stopped caring. That was until Ty.

"But what about her, Tyler? I've never seen you so hung up on someone before. I mean, she's just a girl..." I said.

"I don't even know how to explain it, S," Ty mumbled, running his hand through his hair. "I talked to her today and you know what I realized?"

That she's really nerve-wracking?

"What?" I asked, cocking an eyebrow up.

"I realized that she's different from the rest, S," He whispered more to himself then to me. "She's for keeping. She's just so beautiful and so... abnormal in a totally good way." He continued, sighing.

I could feel my blood boiling.

"Tyler, are you serious?" I frowned in disbelief. "You met her today for crying out loud!" I exclaimed.

"I know, and I've never felt this with anyone else. This connection, you know. It's something as unexplainable as the taste of water." He said, biting his lower lip.