121K 6.2K 1K

Text #13.

January 12, 10:35 am.

I remember how you used to ask me if I believed in ghosts. I shook my head and said 'no'. You just smirked. But I know how fascinated you were by them. You would always love movies about ghosts and always tell me that they were scary and awesome. But over this time we've been apart, I've learned that ghosts don't have to be only those supernatural creatures that haunt you whenever you go to sleep. Sometimes, they can be closer to you than you even imagine. They can be things or people that were once present in your life, but escaped without you knowing why, and now, they haunt you in everything you do. You're my ghost.

Text #14.

January 13, 7:22 pm.

I was looking our old pictures and remembering everything we've been through. I remember the time where mom and dad were fighting a lot and I hated it. I cried every night and you said I needed to be strong, that whatever happened was for a reason and that you'd always be here for me. I guess no one is bound to keep a promise forever. I would always sneak through my window and run to your house, where we'd cuddle in your bed and you'd comfort me. I remember you saying:
"I know it's hard, S. I really do. My parents were almost divorced and only God knows how much it hurt. But I've gotten over it. And you know what? Sometimes when you fall, you fly. And this is your moment of falling, S. And then, you're gonna fly and when you least expect it, the pain will wash away."

There was a small smile plastered on your lips and your hair was falling in your eyes. I looked to the ground and whispered.

"What if I can't find my wings?"

Text #15.

January 14, 2:54 am.

A year ago, we'd still up until 3:00 am talking, now we don't even know how to look each other in the eye anymore.