92.4K 4.6K 3K

Text #185.

June 29, 8:30 pm.

I'm still really shocked with what happened today. Cameron came early in the morning to pick me up and spend the day at his family's house. I got dressed and in some minutes, his car was already honking in the street. We got there listening to She Will Be Loved by Maroon 5. His dad was busy recollecting some old recipes from him family. Little Turd was running through the patium pestering Mr. Giovanni for a cat.

"Dad, can I get a kitty? Pleeeease?" He begged, trying his best to make a puppy face.

"No, son. I told you more than a thousand times that your mother is allergic to cats." Mr. Giovanni answered, impatient.

"So when mommy dies can we get one?" Little Turd asked, opening a smile that went from ear to ear.

Mr. Giovanni just went back to looking at his papers. What a great sense of sensibility Little Turd has.

Cameron flicked his brother on the forehead and grabbed my hand to lead me upstairs. He walked towards his room. I had never been there before. He opened the door and there were several guitars placed on the corner of the room. Some drawings and pictures were glued to the wall. I slowly paced around the room, my eyes focusing on every single thing at once. There was a large king sized bed placed on the middle of the room, with a large flat TV on the wall. My eyes traveled to a drawing of a girl in the wall. It took me some long seconds to realize that the girl was me. It was the same drawing he had given me, but it looked more professional. I grabbed it from the wall and took a closer look at it. I felt Cameron turning from the other side of the room to where I was.

"Oh, t-that's just n-nothing..." Cameron stammered, quickly walking closer to me.

He tried to take the drawing out of my hands, but I didn't let him.

"This is..." I muttered, biting my lip.

"I know, it's horrible... I just... had nothing to do and I drew that..." He said, scratching the back of his neck.

"It's even better than the one you gave me," I smiled at him.

A small smile curled up his lips almost immediately.

"Really?" He asked, and I nodded in response. His hand slowly traveled to my cheek. He bit his lip and started learning closer as I leaned back. I wanted to start slow.

That was until we heard a knock at the door. He quickly shifted his hand off my cheek and moved uncomfortably beside me.

"Come in," Cameron said, looking bothered. His dad revealed himself at the door and smiled.

"Oh," he said, glancing our way. "I hope I didn't interrupt anything."

"No, you didn't." Cameron said, his eyes clearly saying the opposite.

"Anyways, I just wanted to say that I'll go to the restaurant and I won't be home till late, okay?" he smiled warmly.

"Yeah, sure." Cameron told him.

Mr. Giovanni smiles and closed the door behind him.

"So, do you want to play the new Just Dance cd? It's upstairs and I bet I can totally beat you." He smirked triumphantly.

"Keep telling yourself that," I smirked back.

We walked out of the room and upstairs. He lead me to the family room and I sat down on the couch.

"Crap, I think I left cd in my mom's room." He told me and I nodded. "Wanna come with me and get it?" he asked.

I smiled and nodded at him.