194

July 8, 7:08 pm.

I feel completely and utterly disoriented and my mind is buzzing with that scene. I don't know why I even write this, it's more than obvious that you don't care, but I just do it because it helps me to feel a little less crazy. I ended up wearing a pair of shorts and a black crop tee, since the day was really hot. Sophie texted me and said that she was already driving to her way there. Some minutes later, Cam picked me up in his car and started driving. A half an hour later, we were already parked in the zoo. Sophie said that she was near a cotton candy store. We walked up to there and there was she. She turned around to face us, and smiled. She said hi and we hugged each other. Then, another person turned to face us. It took me a second to register, but when I did, I felt all the blood draining away from my face.
Bloody hell. I stood so still that it was hard to even see me breathing. My eyes were widened and I gulped nervously.

"Hey, S." You said, a crooked grin making its way to your lips.

"I decided to bring Tyler!" Sophie cheered. "He was bored and so I just wanted to bring him so he could have some fun." She exclaimed happily.

Holy. Crap.

"You two... You two have been hanging out?" I questioned.

"You're Tyler? As in Tyler Scott?" Cameron asked some milliseconds after me.

"Yeah, we have, sort of." Sophie answered.

"Yeah, man, I'm Tyler. You're... Carter... right?" You asked with a cynical tone that Cameron didn't even notice.

"Yeah, I am." Cameron said. Since the day that I told him about Tyler, he has been constantly quoting of how much of an asshole he is.

"Cool." You smiled. I could tell it was a fake one. "So, S, remember that time when we almost came here but when you saw the animal sign from the parking lot you ordered me to turn back and leave?" You laughed.

"Yeah, I was thirteen." I raised my eyebrows.

"But you were still my best friend," you said and then suddenly, I felt Cameron's muscles tensing.

We all stood awkwardly in silent for a while, until Sophie suggested we went to see the Lions.

"Hey, I'm sorry I didn't warn you. He was just really bored." she whispered to me.

"It's okay," I assured her.

We kept walking, and I couldn't help but ask Sophie:
"What about Laurel? She's always been so overprotective with her property." I asked her sarcastically.

"They had a fight and he's kind of mad at her," She said, throwing me a naughty smile. She wanted to take the chance now that he was fighting with Laurel.

I ignored the jab that I felt inside me.

I walked behind Cameron, but I could hear you talking to him.
"So, is there something going on between you and Stephanie?" You asked in a low tone, probably not wanting me to hear.

"Yeah, kind of." Cameron answered, with a grin on his face.

We went to see the Lions and next the penguins. Sophie walked closer to you every time. I rolled my eyes discreetly.

We then got to the aquarium. It was really big and pretty dark. Cameron came closer to me and held my hand. From the corner of my eye, I could see you staring at us.

"Stop it, Cameron. They're staring." I whispered to him.

"Then let's give him a reason to stare." he smirked and pressed my lips on his. I wanted to pull back as soon as possible, but from the corner of my eye, I saw your reaction. You looked shocked. Not in a good way. Then I kissed Cameron back.

I know, I used him to get to you, but it got back to me in the worst way possible.

Karma's a bitch.

You looked me in the eye, and for a moment, they glinted a feeling that I didn't know what to name exactly. You pulled Sophie closer to you and closed the gap between both.

With a kiss.