CHAPTER TWO

Yesterday when I had seen that girl,It had brought back so many memories. Memories that I didn't want to remember,yet I had.

I remembered each and every moment I had spent with her......

I was brought back to the present by my brothers voice.

"If I win, you will give me your ferrari." My brother grinned cheekily wriggling his eyebrows. That was impossible.

"If you lose now,you are going to the meeting with dad" I smirked.

"That's so unfair,I haven't even graduated yet!" Adel complained.

I rolled my eyes to this "I've been going with dad since eighteen, You are twenty now ain't you?"

"Nineteen" He corrected "wonderful bond between us ,doesn't even know my age" He muttered silently.

I smirked evilly at him. Obviously I knew his age but he didn't need to know that.

"I win!" I said as my arm hit the other side. "The meeting is at 8. Why do you arm wrestle me when you know you can't win? Little brothers!" I smirked.

Adels shoulders had slumped in defeat as he headed to wherever he was off to and I smiled making a mental note to go easy on him next time.

It was an easy day today, I had already taken care of all the work that had to be done,there were no urgent meetings , no complaints, I felt like a free bird.

**

I knocked on my mom's bedroom door.

"Who is it?" She called from inside. She always asked that just incase Adel was with me, since he was adopted she would have to cover her hair in front of him.

"It's me" I said and waited for her permission to enter her room.

When she finally muttered a 'come in' I sprang the door open.

"Hey munchkin, what's up? How did you remember your old mama today?" She smiled and sat down on her bed, I lay my head on her lap and looked at her, scanning her face to see any kind of weariness ,there was none.

"I'm twenty four and you still call me all my baby names." I complained. Truth was, I didn't mind.

"Yeah but you still are my son aren't you?" She smiled at me affectionately as she weaved her hands through my hair. I smiled in contentment.

"You miss her don't you?" My mom said and I nodded my head.

"How can't I mom? You know how I felt about her." My mom looked at me with pain in her eyes.

"Even after all these years?" She asked me and I nodded my head.

"You were twelve then son, You need to walk ahead in life, you can't hang on to people who left you years ago."

I knew my mother was right. I had to let go. I had to carry on with my life.

Childhood crushes weren't meant to be carried on forever, some were, some weren't. And mine wasn't supposed to for sure.

"I can still hear her laughter mom. I didn't even know what love is then. I promised her that I'd never let go of her, I promised her to be with her forever, I promised her to give her all the happiness in this world, I promised to protect her "

"I always thought that you would both get married someday." My mom smiled.

"Maya always thought that you and Sophia, her daughter were meant to be too. I miss all of them,especially Maya.

She was my best friend. But whatever happens is for the best. I'm sure they are better now,in a happier place."

"Don't you think it a little strange mom? All of them to go on a vacation and then disappear." It had always felt a little off to me.

"They found their yacht sunk son, they all died." My mom said sadly.

"But they never recognised their bodies, They didn't find an eight year old girls body either mom. They could have survived."

"Their death was confirmed love. Edward and Maya's deaths were confirmed. I know they didn't find Sophia ' body but they searched every where, a child couldn't have survived in the midst of an ocean love. You know that." My mom's voice was now coming out as a whisper.

"They were on a luxury yacht, I know for a fact it wasn't an accident mom. They were murdered."

My mom shook her head in resignation.

"They didn't have any enemies Ashàr. Yousuf 's dad loved them and Maya, she only had a brother. He was a nice person. Do you remember him? He used to live with Maya when we were in New York." I nodded my head. I was five then, I didn't remember much.

"Maybe they had business rivals?"

"There's no use trying to figure it out now son. It happened years ago. Everyone loses someone or the other whom they love, that day we lost friends who were as close as family. I would never forget that. The yacht was checked and the accident was confirmed. They are all gone son, you cannot hope that they would have survived. If they had we would have been the first ones to know, your dad did the search himself with trusted people love. "

"I can't stop hoping that Sophia survived mom, I cannot stop hoping that I'd meet her some day. I Loved her mom, even though she was too little to know what love was, she used to get so riled up when I used to tease her yet she couldn't go a day without me when she was here for holidays." I smiled as I remembered her pretty innocent face.

"Did you ever imagine twelve year old me falling in love?" I questioned. She looked amused.

"I always knew." She smirked.

I sat up straight in bed as I looked at her.

"I still do love her, she was my best friend mom, I can't stop hoping that she's Alive." My mom smiled sadly at me.

"I wish for your sake that she was son, but you need to accept what God has in store for us, if he takes someone away from us it is to test our strength , it is to test our Imān (faith)"

"If she is alive mom, I have faith that we will meet someday, if not then I will accept that God had something better in store for me." My mom kissed me on my forehead.

"Alright then,what about some hot chocolate?" My mom clapped her hands.

"Mom,you and your love for hot chocolate." I smiled amused.

"Come on, have a cup and I'll tell you a story"

"What story?" I questioned curiously.

"You won't remember but you need to know this story."

"About who?" I questioned.

"About me, about how I was forced to marry to a sheikh and how I fell in love and all the hurdles we faced and how we drifted apart to only be together again even more in love."

I looked at her in surprise. "I always thought you two were perfect, I thought that you two never fight, I mean you two can't even walk without each other." I asked to my mother's amusement.

"Every love story has drama in it boy so did ours." She handed me cup of hot chocolate and I took a sip finding it hot enough for my liking.

"How is it I don't remember?" I questioned.

"You were five kiddo, not everyone remembers everything when they are so little." I nodded my head, she was right.

" I want you to know one thing cupcake...

If someone is meant for you, if someone loves you, if you love someone with all your heart, they will come back to you."

My mom smiled at me as she started her story from the very beginning about how she was forced to get married to a sheikh and as she continued I kept smiling more and more.

There sure were many great love stories and I hoped that mine would be just as great as theirs.