CHAPTER ELEVEN

A Cinderella for the Sheikh
Chapter eleven

"This is fruitless!" Minho whined.  "We have been waiting for something to happen since the past six days in front of the Houssams mansion but we haven't had a single lead."

I looked at Minho with distress,He was right.
"Get me inside the premises of this place then if you want to hurry up!"

Minho slumped in his seat.
"You do realise that your father is handling All the business alone right now don't you?" I knew that and I hated it. Not everything could be settled through conference calls or attending meetings through video calling. A lot of burden had fallen over my dad. Lots of shareholders and workers had started to question my absence. 

I couldn't tell my parents about searching for Sophia. They were convinced that she was dead and no bracelet would make them believe that she was infact- alive.

"I know" I said rubbing my face with my hands. Very soon I would be demanded back at office, that only meant we had very little time. We had ninety days to find Sophia, in that we had wasted six days. We had 84 days  now. 84 days to search for Sophia to keep her safe and keep her empire from going into wrong hands.

"Maybe we can station someone here and they can send is tabs of what's happening. And if Sophia does decide to come out then we can also know that she actually lives here and not somewhere else. We really need to go back, Your business needs you and I've stayed off for long enough too. We need to go back before our empire suffers because of our absence. " It was true. A single whiff of something gone wrong and all the shares just drop to the ground.

"I can't go back Minho,not after knowing that she is alive and in danger." Minho looked defeated "I knew you'd say that."

"What if I go back and keep everything under control till you return?" Truth was, I needed him. He was my right hand, I was used to having him around and finding Sophia without him was impossible.But the empire needed him, dad needed him more than me.

"Yeah,that would be great" I agreed.

"Why don't we hire a private investigator for this?"

"All the investigators are already hired to look for Sophia since the past two years Minho. For two years they didn't get a whiff that Sophia was alive and I hired only the best. Whoever is playing this game is cunning and knows where he stands. Mostly someone with influence. Someone like Mr.Houssam."

Minho shook his head in agreement. "I doubt the guy too.He Is the top suspect on my list. Nobody may know all the inside details except for family and the Edwards don't really have any other family now do they?"

I shook my head, none that I knew of.

"When are you leaving?" I asked Minho.

"First flight I can book." He replied solemnly.

"Thank you Minho, for all the times you've helped me, always"

Minho gave me a smile. "I'm just too good that way. What would you do without me"

I shook my head in amusement. Somethings never seem to change. 

                     ******************

Now that Minho had left I was alone, I had followed Minho's advice and stationed a loyal guard out front of the Houssams mansion. I couldn't be there 24/7 so this was for the best. I could work from home and know if anything out of place happened at the Houssam's.

My phone vibrated and I checked, Adel was calling me. It had been a long time since I had Seen him and I actually missed his annoying ways.

As soon as I picked up the call he started to speak in rapid arabic and I laughed. We conversed in Arabic for a while. At home we always spoke mostly English with a little arabic. We weren't like the other typical royal Emirati households and I loved it that way. Growing up we enjoyed being brought up in two cultures instead of one.

But knowing Adel he couldn't cut the line before asking for my ferrari keys and I shook my head in amusement. Since my brother was in love with my ferrari I decided to give him a pleasant surprise by actually telling him where my car keys were. To tell the truth we had a dozen cars in our basement but never knew why my brother always  chose mine instead of the others. And this time I told him that he could have the ferrari forever if he wanted.

The line went silent for a moment before Adel replied.

"You are not kidding are you?" I smiled. Even though he could be a pain he was still my brother and truth be I loved him more than anything.

"Nope" I answered and I heard a whoop from the other side of the line. "I knew you loved me!"
"Who wouldn't love me, I'm just too good not to be loved" and queue another egoistic Minho.

"Yeah,Yeah" I replied with a smile. Just as I was about to hang up "Akhi?" Adel questioned and I smiled.
"Yes?" I asked.

"Thank you" He said before hanging up the call.

I smiled thinking about my little brother.

He was annoying but which younger siblings weren't.  

After hanging up I attended a few conference calls and video meetings.
Minho had reported to work already and was keeping me up to date about recent events.

I called the Micheal, the guard I had hired to ask if there was any out of place activity but there wasn't. 

Upset, I hung the phone. What could I do now?I didn't have any leads. 

I finally called a pal of mine who studied with me, One of the best guys I had on my group, Kade. He had turned to private investigating and I knew there could be no one more trust worthy than him.

I called him and it didn't even take him an instant to agree to accept the job I had for him.

Today was uneventful, but tomorrow was a new day. Hopefully we would get another lead soon.

than him.

I called him and it didn't even take him an instant to agree to accept the job I had for him.

Today was uneventful, but tomorrow was a new day. Hopefully we would get another lead soon.