CHAPTER SIX

A Cinderella for the sheikh
Chapter six

As soon as I reached my penthouse in Manhattan, my cell phone started to ring. The credit goes to dad. He requested- no ordered me to go to some masquerade party tonight where I would have to mingle with our investors and future delegates.

I was frustrated that I would have to spend my first day in New York this way, what I had planned had something to do with meeting my university pals at the field to play a game of soccer. Sometimes, I wondered. Why was I always the responsible one? Couldn't I just ditch business and family for once? The answer was simple. I valued my family too much to let them down, I was Ashàr bin Omar bin Abdullah and along with the title came the responsibility tied with a golden bow.

I smiled at Minho who always accompanied me everywhere I went, Minho in return narrowed his eyes suspiciously at me. Yes, now that we were out of the office, our professional attitude had gone down the drain. You should see the way Minho treats me sometimes, some friend he is.

"I don't have any of those mint chocolates anymore!" Minho exclaimed and I chuckled. All the way to New York I had stolen Minho's mint chocolates. Can you blame me? They were divine.

"Minho, my best pal" I gave him my best smile. "I need you to buy me an attire for tonight. It's a bow tie event and I have only casuals with me, and I'd also need a mask. Please." I requested.

"Everytime I come out with you, I am loaded with errands , why do I even bother. Can't you take a vacation like a normal twenty four year old? Wait. I am twenty four year old. Can't you be like me?"

"You know you are going to do what you always do, dial a few people and the tux will be here in a few hours, why all the drama?" I asked raising an eyebrow.

"You my pal, need a life!" He said as he walked back to his room.

Ten minutes later he emerged. "Your bugatti is ready downstairs, you can keep the chaffeur for today and send him back tomorrow and drive the car yourself. Your tuxedo, shoes, socks and mask will arive  in approximately three hours. You are welcome! I am heading out now." With that Minho, looking all smug stalked out of the penthouse.

Minho had always been my right hand. I didn't know what I would ever do without him. Not only was he a great human, he was amazingly intellectual. Helping me out,whenever I needed him. I still have a long way to go, a thousand steps to climb, but where ever I stood today it was all thanks to Minho and his never ending faith in me.

Around seven, I was all dressed and sitting in the hired car. As soon as I stepped down, the paparazzi started to click pictures and ask questions. This must be a grand even. I politely smiled at them and made my way to the ball room.

I looked all around me, rich people clad in expensive tuxedos and gowns were scattered around the room. Masks covered their faces, Drinks were served all around, couples swayed on the dance floor....

Why had I even agreed to this?

Because it wasn't a request, it was an order from my father that I had to represent the Abdullah family and find potential delegates as he could not make it.

So far, I had a couple billion dollar delegates in my pocket. My father was gonna be so proud of me

And yes, I am being sarcastic. A gift I had inherited from my parents it seems.

This was a supposed business get together, couldn't they have kept it formal. Seriously though I was cranky because of the mask covering my face, it was suffocating me.

Father should have sent Adel, he was the party kind, he would have enjoyed it not me.

Parties were a strict no to me, if it wasn't for business I wouldn't have even been here.

At the far corner of the room I spotted a woman covered modestly in a green emerald gown, she had a scarf wrapped around her head and a mask decorated with sequins covered her face.

Another fellow muslim forced to attend the masquerade. It made me feel better.

"Mr.Ashar, Why don't I see a wine glass in your hand? Why are you all alone and not dancing? You need to enjoy life to the fullest young man." Mr.Jenkins thumped me on my back.

I smiled and shrugged at the man.
"You've known my father for years Mr.Jenkins. you know that's not our protocol."

"Like father, Like son. Though I do tell you, you're missing the best thing in the world. Wine can never be compared. Come here, I'll make you meet a potential investor who is interested in your father's new project." I followed behind Mr.Jenkins who lead me to the Muslim woman.

"This is Miss Kiara Houssam, Her father is thinking of investing in your business. You've heard of it I suppose? And Miss Kiara, This is Mr.Ashàr Abdullah, Heir of the Abdullah empire." With that he left off to refill his glass.

I nodded at the woman and she nodded back in return.

"So,did your father mention about making a deal?" I asked.

"My father never let's an opportunity slip from his fingers. I assure you he will invest." I nodded at her satisfied with her reply.

"Be careful though he's cunning when it comes to money." I looked at the woman surprised. How could she speak of her father that way.

"Excuse me , I need to socialise with our other delegates... against my will."

Her jaw was taut as she walked away. I didn't understand the woman but she seemed very familiar. Though I couldn't see her face her eyes reminded of someone I knew years ago. Her eyes reminded me of Sophias, they didn't show every emotion like Sophias, kiara's eyes had a hard edge but still they reminded me of Sophia, who had the same shade. I couldn't deny my curiosity towards this woman, I needed to know who she was. Who she really was.

When I searched again. Kiara was gone.

She didn't leave her glass slipper like Cinderella but in place she had left a bracelet.

How Was I to find her with a bracelet?

Then I remembered I needn't find her, I already knew who she was.

Little did I know then that the woman was not who she claimed to be.