CHAPTER TWENTY-TWO

A Cinderella For The Sheikh
Chapter Twenty-Two

A week had passed.

We had signed all the papers, The wāli had declared us to be husband and wife after asking us if we accepted each other. Islamically and according to law we were both husband and wife now.

I couldn't really get a grand dower(A gift given to the bride) for Sophia since I was practically stranded with low flow of cash, so for the time being I had given her a platinum ring. A promise ring precisely. Because that was true. What ever happens, whether she needs me or not I'd always be there for her.

Sophia had smiled at me and worn the ring on her finger.

The image of her wearing my ring would always be imprintend on my mind

We were on our way to the safehouse now.

Truth was, I was afraid.

I didnt know how Sophia wanted this marriage to be.

At least,  I could freely interact with her now. Even if it was just in a friendly way , without fear of crossing limits. If it was security she wanted then that is what I'd give her. If it was just a friend she wanted, then I'd give her that too.

As long as she wanted.

We would have to think of a plan soon to get this Hassan thing out of the way first. Precisely the reason why we had married in the first place.

The other thing I felt guilty about was that my parents were not with me. Contract marriage or not, they still deserved to be a part of it and it made me feel really cloudy.

I couldn't even inform them. The reasons why I had purchased a burn phone on the way home.

I would call them and then I'd throw the phone away before anybody could even think of tracing it.

Now, we had to plan on first leaking to the media that Sophia was very much alive and not dead. That the heiress of the Edward empire still lived.

And for that, I needed my old buddy Minho.

I texted him from the phone. Asking him to come to a location just a little outside the town so that we could discuss some issues.

I immidietely received a text that he would be there as soon as possible. We fixed a time two days from now to meet outside of town at a cafe.

Now. It was time to call my parents.

And, I had no idea what their reaction could be.

As soon as the four of us reached home
, I rushed to my room.

I was apprehensive to call them. I didn't know how they'd react

I tapped my foot as the call connected.

My father's secretary picked up the call and It worried me.

The best thing to do was to pretend to be someone else but then they would simply put my call on hold and make me wait for a long time. I had to pretend to be someone very important.

"Hello, This is King Nazurs assistant speaking. The king needs to speak urgently to Mr.Omar Abdullah. Could you please connect the call to him?"

I just hoped that I wouldn't be caught. At least the name and title were real.

"Please hold on a minute sir."

I sighed in relief as I heard my father's voice on the other end.

"Dad? As salamun alaikum!" I replied timidly. Planning in my brain the whole while on how I could break the news to him.

"Oh, King Nazur. Its been so long my pal,where have you been. It's a pleasant surprise to hear from you. Give me a minute I will give the phone to my wife. She would be delighted to speak to you."

My father was more convincing than me.

A few seconds later both my parents were on speaker.

"Sorry about that son. It's just it's so hard to trust anyone now a days." My father finally spoke.

"It's no problem dad. That's why I called myself King Nazur too." I heard him chuckle lightly as my mom spoke.

"How are you Ashàr? We have been so worried about you. We couldn't even reach you and then we found out that our calls were being tracked. How is Sophia? Is she safe?"

"I'm good mom Alhumdi Allah. And your daughter in law is safe too."

There was dead silence on the line as I waited for their response.

"We don't know how to react right now." My father finally responded.

They shouldn't know that it's a contract marriage. They simply cant. I can't tell them it is.

"I got married to Sophia. It was so that her empire wouldn't pass on to her relatives if something happens to her and you know how I feel about her. She feels the same way about me so we got married. Im sorry mom,dad. I couldn't get you here but you know how the situation is now."

"We know about it. We have read Edwards will. We are happy for you son as long as you are happy."

"And we are going to have a grand reception once you make it back In sha Allah."

That was the moment my brother decided to enter the room.

"Did I hear that Ashàr got married.?"

He questioned gleefully as he spoke to me.

"You got married without us Bro? " Adel questioned me

"I sort of had to. It was a sticky situation!" I defended myself.

"You were under the bullet?" He questioned laughing and I heard a smack and then an "it hurts ma! "

Mom must have hit him. I couldn't help but laugh.

"Something of the sort, listen mom,dad, Adel. I'm using a burn phone. You won't be able to call on this number again and I will have to purchase another burn phone to contact you. This number can't be tracked but I still can't risk speaking for ten minutes. I just miss you guys."

After whispering goodbyes we hung up.

"That was not intense at all" I quickly turned around to find Sophia standing near the door.

"Yeah, they are the best package anyone can get." I joked lightly.

She smiled a little but the next second a frown etched on her face.

"I'm really sorry. I never thought about your family. I seem so selfish. I'm really sorry." She whispered.

"Nah,They're fine. You don't need to worry. You heard them on speaker. They are pretty cool parents. And they understand why I did what I did and......" What was I even rambling?

I just shrugged. Afraid that I'd say something stupid again.

She nodded her head once before turning around and heading out of the room.

Why was I an idiot when it came to her?

              *************************