CHAPTER TWENTY-SEVEN

"I'm sorry about this, my parents don't know about the contract...." I trailed off.

Sophia simply shrugged as she followed me inside my room.

I opened the door with my fingerprint as I lead her inside. Every door in our mansion opened with the families or staffs fingerprints. So it was safe for Sophia, the problem was. Loyalty was easily bought with a wad of money now a days.

The family bedrooms had only our and the staff's heads fingerprint. So I could sleep peacefully without watching my back because the head of the staff, Anna. Could never betray us. She had been in our family for twenty five years.

"This is my bedroom." I announced to Sophia as the lights automatically switched on. My room here was completely hi-tech. The curtains, The central Ac, The lights. Everything were controlled through one remote. The room didn't have many of my personal belongings because most of the time we lived in the penthouse which was near to our head office.

Sophia was gawking at the floor to ceiling glass wall.looking at the ocean which looked beautiful.

"You want to see something really  cool?" I questioned and Sophia nodded.

I switched a button on the remote and the glass instantly darkened.

"This blinds people from seeing inside. Cool yeah?"

Sophia smiled as she silently took in every inch of my room.

"It's beautiful." She finally smiled at me.

"Could you come out for a moment please?" Sophia stepped out of the door with me.

I put in the password into the keypad and asked Sophia to enter her fingerprint. Sophia slowly raised her hand. I held her hand as I pressed her thumb impression on the electronic security keypad. I was close to Sophia. So close, that I could smell a slight floral scent drifting from her which I usually couldn't smell. I couldn't help but gently entwine my left hand on her waist and pull her towards my body, her back to me. I placed her thumb again on the keypad and locked it with the password. The keypad read "fingerprint accepted."

I wish I could never let her go. But I could feel Sophias tension as her breathing increased and I reluctantly let her go. One of the staff had brought our luggage so I lead them inside to place it.

"You can shower and change if you want." I looked at Sophia who had a slight tint to her cheeks. She looked even more gorgeous.

"Or can I  shower first? I need to go to my apartment to grab a few things with Minho and Kade.

Sophia just nodded.

I was glad for once that I had clothes here as well. I really felt lazy to open  the luggage so I grabbed a pair of jeans and a white button up shirt as I rushed to the washroom. A slight smile lingering on my lips.

**************

"Is that all?" Kade questioned as he looked around my bachelor pad. I had my own floor in the building. The building only had four floors. One was mom and dads floor, one floor had games etc. Then there was Adel's floor and then mine.

It got lonely truthfully. We all had our own privacy but most of the time we would always be at mom and dad's floor.

"I got my mac book and the box containing All of our childhood stuff so that we find Sophias fingerprints along with her parents. Thats all I needed."

Minho couldn't make it as he had to attend an emergency meeting. Tomorrow I would have to go and have a look around the office too. Minho had been handling everything from the past few months and I had been neglecting my duties.

We drove back to the mansion. This mansion always brought back a lot of memories. Everytime the Edwards came to Dubai we would all spend the days either here or at mom and dads island. So,this place brought a lot of memories.

We entered the mansion to find all of them at the dining table. Adel was still missing.

"Ma, where is Adel?" I inquired. Dad was sitting at the head of the table talking to Sophia who sat next to him. I went to greet him quickly and he kissed me on my forehead. I smiled at him as I sat next to my mother. Julia sat next to Sophia and Kade sat next to me followed by James Dawud and Jameel.

"He went camping with his friends. He will be back in a day or two."

Dinner was then eaten in silence except for the occasional chatter.

After that we all lounged in the play area before heading to our rooms.

Sophia silently followed me. I held onto her hand and gave it a gentle squeeze as I lead the way. Sophia smiled slightly but she didn't attempt to remove her hand from mine and it made me happy.

I opened the room and Sophia followed.

I went to the couch and took all the pillows from it.

I made a bridge on the bed with the pillows.

"See, the bed is kingsize. It won't make sense if any of us spent the night uncomfortably on the couch. I will stay on my side and you can stay on yours. Alright?"

I looked, amused. As Sophia lay on her side of the bed.she was trying to do it as quietly as possible. We both would have to share the comforter but it was big enough for three people.  I switched of all the lights with the remote.

"Sophia?"

"Yeah?"she murmured

"Everytime you came with your parents we stayed at this mansion. You used to love going down to the beach. Do you remember?" I asked hopefully.

"I don't remember but I still do enjoy going to the beach."

"We can go tomorrow if you like?"

"I would love to."

"No one can enter this room Sophia so you can sleep without having to worry."

"I won't worry. I'm sure if you say it's safe it must be. I'm just worried. What if I am not whom you think I am?"

"I recognised you in a mask Sophia. You were my best friend.  I couldn't ever mistake you for anyone else. You are Sophia, no one else can be."

"Thank you Ashàr. For everything that you are doing for me."

I smiled as tiredness overtook me. "Goodnight Soph."

"Goodnight Āsh." The woman was worried she was not Sophia. She thought she didn't remember. But if she could call Ashàr what she used to call him as kids. Ashàr smiled thinking that her memory was not too far away.

  ********************