EPILOGUE

It had been three years. If someone heard me right now, they would say I took too much advantage of my husband's kindness. He had let me go back to America to handle my business affairs.

I had gotten so absorbed into them, trying to straighten out everything that I hadn't gone back. I stayed. I stayed so long and so busy that our phone calls had started to get non-existent. He gave me all the time even though he had his business as well as his royal duties.

Even though he had given his brother the throne, he was still a part of the royal family. He was an extremely powerful and busy person, but he never once told me that he didn't have the time for me. It was always me.

Whenever I spoke to him, something or the other always came up and I would choose work instead of taking out time for him. I got addicted to working so much that I forgot about the priceless possession that was slipping out of my fingers.

People say that one realizes a person's worth only after losing them. It had been two and a half years since I last saw him or talked to him.

Once  I started giving my work more importance I didn't realize that he was quietly distancing himself away from me. I could still remember his words when he came to drop me off, "I know there are things you need to do, now that the Edward empire is in your care I don't want to keep you locked. You have the full right to take care of it. I will wait for you, come back once everything is sorted. However, love, don't take too long and remember if there is ever a problem I will be there. All you need to do is ring me up."

That day, I had left with a smile on my lips. At that moment I had felt like the happiest woman in the world. My husband was the wind under my wings. He was considerate, loving, caring and the kindest man I had ever met.

I was lucky that all the wounds of my past were healed by this amazing man and more than that, he trusted me. What else could a woman want? My husband was the kind of person every woman dreamt of. I had let that amazing man suffer. He had treated me as the most important thing in the world and I had treated him second to my business.

Now that I had sorted out everything in my business and the Edward empire was stable enough I wanted to go back. I missed his charming and teasing smile. I missed his encouragement and his warm hugs.

Yes, I missed him too late but I missed him nevertheless. I only hoped he would understand me as a businessman himself. I hoped he would understand that I had too many knots that needed to be untangled. Was I taking him too much for granted for his kindness? Would Ashar understand me?

I dialed my secretary " I am going back to the UAE as soon as possible, do what's needed to do."

" Yes ma'am, Your private jet will be ready." She replied from the other end. I didn't need a visa to get to the UAE. One of the privileges of being married to a royal.

I wrapped up all loose ends and packed everything up. I had someone loyal and trustworthy handle my business for me, I wouldn't need to return unless it was something urgent. This time, I was going to permanently get settled in Dubai.

I also had something else on my mind lately. I was old enough, I had all my responsibilities sorted, I now wanted to start a family with Ashar. There was no doubt That I loved him with all my heart, We had only spent a few months together but I felt like I had known him for a lifetime. I knew him that well. I wanted to spend my time now being a good wife to him.

I smiled all my way to Dubai. I wondered if he'd hug me as soon as I ran to him. I smiled thinking of him and his warm fragrance of oud and musk. All woody but it felt warm. It felt like home. After a long time, I was going back home.

My return was a secret, nobody except for Minho knew that I was coming. He had arranged a car for me to take me home. As promised, a limousine waited on the runway.

The chauffeur greeted me and my luggage was transferred to the car as I took a seat inside. Had Ashar known, he would have come running. I did not doubt it. First I was going to meet my parent-in-law to see how they were doing.

As the car cruised me through the busy streets of Dubai I was taken back to old times and memories. We had gone through a lot more than people could imagine. Life and death, memory loss, childhood love, bombs, car crashes, kidnapping and a lot more, but amidst all this, I had my pillar of support. My Ashar.

He stood by me like a rock, he covered me from every storm and helped me unravel the death of my parents. He protected me and my empire from going to wrong hands. He safeguarded the throne for his brother and got threatened with death instead of him. He was a person whose family meant the world to him. That was the kind of person he was.

I entered the house and was engulfed in a hug, It was Ashar's beautiful mom Amna. " I missed you so much honey, are you all right? Let me look at you, It's been three years since I saw you. Have you been eating well?"

I smiled at her, greeted her and looked at her with adoration. She was aging with elegance and grace, the kindness her smile held was beautiful. Ashar's father Omar greeted me the same way too and kissed me on my forehead, his old eyes were twinkling with joy.

Those two were the epitome of love. If there was ever a love story that was pure and beautiful it was theirs. I wish, I wished I and Ashar would be just like them in our old age. Loving each other forever.

We were having tea and catching up when I heard his familiar voice, the voice which was as beautiful as the wind chimes which brought joy to the heart. I looked down as I heard his footsteps nearing. I was nervous, excited and happy all at the same time.

He greeted his parents and his footsteps suddenly halted. He is going to envelop me in a hug anytime now, I thought but all I heard was silence.

I raised my eyes to look at him, he looked as handsome as always. What I did not expect was the look in his eyes. They looked at me with coldness. The warmth that I once loved had disappeared. His eyes now looked like they reflected chilled water.

He only looked at me once before he turned his face away as he had just met a stranger he didn't like.

Arrange a place for her to stay, I am not taking her back to my home." With that single sentence, he walked away, and I was left heartbroken. What was I expecting? After abandoning him for three years, I was expecting him to be the same. I was wrong. I was completely wrong. The Ashar that I once knew had completely disappeared. What was I to do now?