CHAPTER NINETEEN

A Cinderella For The Sheikh
Chapter Nineteen.

As soon as I came back to my senses. I nudged Kade who sat beside me. I didn't want to warn the pilot that I knew who he was.

Before Kade could utter a word I signalled him to not utter a word. I pointed at my phone then wrote a text message.

'Minho called. The pilot is Hassan's man.'

I passed the phone to Kade so he could see what was written. I saw his eyes widen in surprise as he read it.

I saw him replying to my text,then he passed the phone for me to read.

'We need to tackle him. Maybe knock him out. Do you know to fly? Do you know to shoot?"

I smirked as I read his text.

"Dude, I wasn't enrolled in the army for nothing. It's not a piece of cake to have royal blood. I know to shoot ,yes. I'm itching to use it in fact, but we don't need foul blood on our hands. We rather knock him out and leave him on the highway or something. And yes, I can fly."

I passed the phone to Kade so that he could read. I could see a slight smile playing on his lips as he snorted then chuckled.

I gave him a smile and signalled a thumbs up. 

Without further ado Kade asked to shift seats with Julia. I should have thanked father because he had sent us a convenient helicopter. The man was oblivious as he continued to take us wherever it was he was taking us. Kade took out a gun from his holster causing Sophia's eyes to widen in fear and surprise.

I kept a finger on my lips. Signalling Sophia not to make any noise as Kade hit the pilot on the head with the back of his gun. The pilots body went limp as Kade pushed him to the side. For once I was glad that they had decided to send this chopper.

As soon as the pilot was thrown aside I took the seat.

"Where to?"  I questioned Kade.

"We can't go to Dubai Ashàr, hope you realise that." Kade spoke and I nodded my head. It would be like handing ourselves out to Hassan.

"Where then?"

"Back to the Motel. We are going to grab our car and continue our journey to Texas. We will do this man a favour and drop him in a place someone can find him."

"Sounds like a plan" I replied as I concentrated to locate our destination. I could simply put on the headphones and keep continuing to hear updates and directions from the air control but that would be very risky so I had to control the helicopter manually.

We weren't very far off so it took us about a total of ten minutes to land exactly where we had took off from.

As soon as we landed, I and Kade dragged the pilots limp body and put it into the cars deck before we all settled down. As soon as we sat we all sighed in relief. So far , things had gone according to plan.

"Alright Kade, lead the way" I motioned to him. He mock saluted me as he drove through the highway. We stopped once, only to lay the man's body beside the road where someone could see and help him. He was just knocked out so there was nothing for us to worry about. The road didn't seem to end, hours had passed and all of us had our fair share of sleep. I offered to drive but Kade rejected my offer. All I could do was fall into slumber again. It was past midnight when Kade shook me awake.

"We are here 'sleeping beauty'" He taunted.

I ignored him as I took in the surroundings.
We were on a ranch. As simple as that. And, boy , was I in love with the place.

I sat up straight in excitement. Kade's safe house was a ranch and I couldn't have gotten a more pleasant surprise.

"Whose place is this? Kade my man! Tell me you have cow boy in you."

Kade  in question narrowed his eyes at me.

"You see me complaining that my best friend is a royal burden?"

I in return smirked at him.

"I'm not complaining. I just don't understand how you could leave this place and live in New York."

"Things happen" Was all Kade replied as he got out of the car. The girls woke up as the door slammed shut. 

"We here yet?" Julia questioned.

"Did you know that Kade's a cowboy?" I smiled cheekily. Julia would never let him live this down. She had a nag of annoying people.

"Holy grass" She shouted and I wanted to roll over laughing at her expression. She was one of a kind.

"What is this place?" Sophia questioned. My expression sofeed looking at her tired features.

"Kade's safehouse is a  ranch. Most probably passed to him from ages." I still wondered why he would let a place like this go. I could still see it was in working condition. He must have employed people to still look after it. This was a sore topic for him and I respected his privacy. If he ever wanted to let it out then I'd be there to support him. For now. I was going to have fun here till we had a plan to bring Hassan down and get back Sophia's empire. And that was final.