CHAPTER EIGHT

I was ready by three for the meeting with Mr.Houssam.Just as I was heading out, I remembered that I had Kiara's bracelet which I had forgotten about.

Rummaging through the drawer where I had shoved it, Finally finding it, I dropped it in my pocket. 

By the time I made it to the car, I found Minho standing beside it looking oblivious. "Dude,you have taken off,you don't need to come with me." I said, shaking my head at Minho. This guy was a workoholic. I was too.... but well, I had my days.

Without answering me, Minho comfortably settled in the passenger seat. I sighed as I sat next to him. "You are so stubborn!" I responded dryly to which Minho gave a slight smile.  We were both dressed formally.

Minho typed the address into the gprs and sighed. "What would you do without me!" With that exclamation he put in his ear phones and leaned back on his seat with his eyes closed.  

Forty minutes later, We found ourselves in the outskirts of the city, There was now more nature around and less civilization. The address finally stopped in front of a mansion with gated security.

I spoke my name through the speaker and the gates swung open. The surroundings were pleasant. The chaffeur took my car away and I stood next to Minho who was in awe with the place. I quickly nudged him as the door swung open and an old man who introduced himself pleasantly as the care taker took us inside to a gorgeous hall interior decorated in old European style. We were then seated in plush leather seats and offered refreshment.

Ten minutes later A middle aged man with a moustache appeared, who most possibly was Mr.Houssam.He shook hands with us and settled in the seat opposite us and smiled.

Something in this man didn't settle well with me,Maybe it was the wicked glint in his eyes but overall he didn't look like a friendly,kind fellow the  I remembered what his own daughter had told me about him. That he wouldn't miss a chance of making money. How she had warned him to be aware of him.

I shook these thoughts aside as I smiled politely at the man who was talking seriously with Minho on some political issue, Minho seemed like he was losing the  battle. After Mr.Houssam gave his final words on the topic Minho looked like he had been stampeded on which made me chuckle.

Now,Mr.Houssam gave his full attention to me. "So ,Mr.Abdullah, I heard that you will be looking into our investment from now on." The man scrutinised me like he was trying to solve a puzzle,like he was placing me into some category.

"Please Mr.Houssam, I'd be pleased if you called me Ashàr. And I believe what you heard is true, I asked to be given your contract."

The man looked at me narrowly and a couple of seconds later smiled,

"I'm sure it will be a pleasure working with you." He finally announced and I simply smiled at him, doubting the possibilities.

The rest of the meeting was spent taking about global warming issues,This time Minho seemed like he was ready to win. He was talking about how the icebergs in the north pole was melting and how people were so ignorant about the effects it could have in this world, how the possibilities were that in within a century most of the metropolitan cities would be sunk under water if the issue wasn't taken seriously and Mr.Houssam looked at Minho,smiling tightly  I could tell the man was a sour loser. He hated not knowing or contributing to a topic. I decided to steer the direction of the topic.

"Mr.Houssam, last week I met your daughter at a ball that Mr.Jerkins held. He introduced me to your daughter. Is she at home? " Mr.Houssam stiffened for a moment and his eyes look guarded. A moment later he nodded and ordered a helper to wish to see his daughter. 

I could finally return the woman her bracelet. I was curious about this woman. Maybe because she reminded me of Sophia. 

Fifteen minutes later a woman dressed casually in a jeans and blouse entered the room. She wasn't covering her head and her brunette hair fell till her shoulders.
She smiled at Mr.Houssam and walked towards me and at that moment I wondered who this woman was.

"Kiara Houssam" She said holding out her hand. I stood up and smiled at her,not taking her hand in mine. I gave her a friendly nod and she finally dropped her hand awkwardly.

That is when I noticed her eyes.... They were not embrald green but dark brown.

This woman was Kiara Houssam  but was not the same Kiara Houssam I met at the ball. Nothing made sense anymore.

            ********************