chapter 32

CHAPTER THIRTY- THREE 

"Give me two days, I need only two days. Once I know that our empire is still safe Ill come on my own. Ill take my responsibilities." I looked desperately at the administrators and ministers who had come to fetch me. 

One of them replied "Forgive us Shah Ashár, We cannot leave the throne empty even if it is for a day." 

I looked at my father who looked solemn.

" Then give me a day atleast. Just 24 hours. That is all I ask for." I looked at them desperately. They in turn started to whisper amongst themselves. 

"If the Sultan desires it, we have nothing to say.We will wait for you." With that they left. 

"Minho, we have twenty-four hours to convince the major share holders to vote for father. We have twenty Four hours to take back The Edward empire from Houssams hands. Tell no one except Kade and Jamal. Let them come with us. The rest need to stay with my family and protect them. The Abdullah island. Send them there without anyone knowing for now. Anything can happen in the next twenty four hours. They may attempt to kill me again before the coronation. Choose two of the most trusted pilots. Send all of them with one to the Abdullah island and let one come with us. Send Sophias fingerprints with her familys to the most trusted examiners and tell them we need it as soon as its possible. All this we need to do without anyone knowing. Will you be able to handle all of this alone?"
" Ofcourse Ashár, Dont forget that along with your employee I am also your best friend. I can do anything for you."  

I smiled at Minho. I was surely blessed to have friends who didnt care about themselves when it came to protecting me and my family. Someday I would do the same for them. They held my hand during my hardest times and i would do the same for them anyday. 

"I'm sorry Ashár, if it wasn't for me, I made a mistake doing business with Houssam. What was I thinking?" I looked at my father who was slumped against the couch. 

"Even the best of men make mistakes Dad. Don't worry,we'll make everything alright again. I have something Houssam and Ismail dont have. I have my family who are my strength and I have true friends who can never be bought. But I'm worried about Adel, Will you be able to be with him,He needs you the most."

"He's an understanding kid, I'm sure he will understand. I have to speak to him before the media finds out about him."   I nodded at him as I looked outside at the skyline.

"A few days back,we had no idea we would be in a situation where all our lives as well as all that we own will be in danger.Will you be alright at the island Dad?Are you sure it's safe?"

"Can't be more sure of anything else son. We will all be safe. You take care of yourself as well as Minho and Kade's. "
"I will dad.Don't worry about us, take care of yourself and of our family and friends."

The door opened and Minho rushed in.

"Sir, Your helicopter is ready to take you to the island. The rest of them will be there soon. They are all people I hired myself and they can be trusted so rest assured. The plan was to bring everyone here then take off together on the island. But since we have to do it with utmost secrecy this is the best we can do."

My Father nodded at Minho, then rushed to me and gave me a hug and a kiss on the forehead. "Stay safe,My son." With that he strode after Minho. As soon as Minho left Kade rushed inside. I heard the plan changed. James, Jamal and the rest of them have left for the island. I came as soon as I sent them off. Where are we going off to?"

"To knock on the doors of some old friends" I solemnly smiled at Kade.

"Is it that bad?"

"I didnt want to let it out in front of dad,he's feeling guilty as it is but yes. We may lose the whole empire if we dont act now. I have only 24 hours and within these 24 hours We need to convince 12 shareholders to vote for dad. Make them sign a contract so that they wont move back on their word. We also have to prove that Sophia is the Edward heiress so that the 35% shares stay in Sophias name and Houssam wont be able to do anything to accquire our kingdom. If we fail.... It will be the ruin of UAE. If people like Ismail and Houssam run the country and our empire where so many people depend on to feed their families. It will be more terrible than we can imagine. We Can't let them accquire that power. As long as Im alive, I will not let that happen." 

Kade messed up his hair, A habit of his when stressed. 

"I'm with you,whatever happens Ashár." 

A voice came from behind "So am I man! Your man through and through. Even if the guy gives me tens of millions of dollars..... Hey, wait..... Maybe. I'll think about it." Minho grinned as he made way towards us. 

"So guys ready to save the UAE?" Minho smiled cheekily. 

"For all it takes" We grinned as we made way to tge helicopter waiting to take us around the world. 12 share holders to convince and only 24 hours.... *******************