CHAPTER THIRTY

CHAPTER THIRTY

"So, That's my sister in law huh?" Adel stood at the door with a cheeky smile.

"And woah! I've never seen so many people in this house!" He exclaimed looking around at the whole gang.

He wrapped me in a crushing hug then stood in front of Sophia. Bowing down his head slightly he said "Well, at last I have someone to control the guy, he's a pain and he doesn't even share his ferrari!" He was still gazing down a's he spoke to Sophia a mischievous smile lingering on his lips.

The guy can never change.

"Hey! How is it we never got a ride in your ferrari?" Kade remarked, Their was a greedy look on his face and I laughed as the other guys muttered in agreement.

"Well, you couldn't have had a ride on it since I had no idea where my car was!" I remarked looking sternly at Adel who was now standing next to ma looking suddenly interested in the design on the ceiling.

"You vanished for three months so I gifted it to myself and you had hid the keys in the most obvious place." My younger brother remarked.

I rolled my eyes at this. "You mean to say that the medicine cabinet is an obvious place?"

"It took me a total of ten minutes." Adel winked at me as he threw the keys in the air for me to catch.

"Thanks for vanishing Bro! " Adel smirked as he took off towards the kitchen. The boy was always hungry.  I enjoyed teasing him but I didn't mind sharing my car with him. It was just a car and Adel had no idea that I had already ordered a latest ferrari for him six months back. He was in for a big surprise. It still had a few months to arrive and till then I'd have to let him use mine, never mind that he already had three cars of his own yet still demanded to take mine all the time.

"I like your brother,he's full of life" Sophia spoke from beside me, I hadn't even noticed her come to stand beside me.

"You don't remember don't you?" I'm sure Adel remembered but didn't want to pick up the topic yet. Not to mention he had grown up. But I was expecting him to tease Sophia anytime. After he had filled his stomach.  Nothing could stand in the way of Adel and his food..

"Remember what? " She questioned with an amused smile on her face. She must have seen the mischief in my eyes.

"He cut off your ponytail when you were five while you were asleep! You couldn't get over it for weeks, you kept crying randomly screaming  'My hair! My hair!'

"Well,you are forgetting that I  poured super glue on his shoes and they were stuck to the ground while Adel kept trying to lift his foot and kept wondering why his shoes couldn't budge."  Sophia replied all smug.

I pointed a hand at her accusingly. "You were the one who did that to my shoes the next day? What had I done?" I had been thinking it was Adel all these years.

"Well.... I was just having fun. I wanted to see your reaction. And I was right. It was plenty fun to watch you call your mom." Her eyes glowed with amusement as she chuckled. I couldn't help but smile. Her memorie's were coming back little by little and it was good to have the old Sophia back. She was resurfacing. She was still there. She wasn't completely lost.

It was then that Minho hurried into the room.He looked anxious as he stood in front of me.

"What is it Minho? " Could it be something about Hassan?

"I was wondering how Hassan had so much influence in Dubai. It's not easy to mole in a royal household so I was curious. I found out something."

"Tell me Minho." I looked around the room to find everyone staring intently at Minho. Everyone with curious expressions on their faces.

"It is through Ismail" He said now slumping on the couch like he had lost a battle.

This was bad news. Very bad news.

"Are you sure?" I questioned, hoping that he was wrong.

Minho shook his head "no doubt!"

"You mean to say the Ismail who has all illegal people lying at his feet?" Jamal exclaimed walking towards Minho.

Minho nodded his head solemnly.

"Exactly the one." Complete silence filled the room. This was much worse than we had expected. I wanted to speak to my father but he wasn't here.  Ismail had always tried to pressure us in doing business with him. We didn't know what his agenda was but what ever it was it meant trouble not only for Sophia but my family too.

We were all sitting somberly when a loud noise echoed outside like something had burst. Everyone looked around frightened. James and the other boys hurried out of the house to see what had happened. All the others stepped outside the door to see what was going on. What the ear shattering noise was. Adel who stood next to me stilled.

The ferrari Adel had come in now lay burnt. Glasses shattered, Turned and twisted smoke and metal. Charred to bits.

They had targeted Adel. To kill him or to instill fear in us we didn't know.  But what we didn't understand was why? Why were ismail and Hassan targeting whole of my family. First it was only Sophia now , everyone I knew. Every person who was helping me I feared for their lives.

We had entered into a war zone and we didn't even know what exactly we were supposed to do. We hadn't even released Sophia's results to the media. This only meant,This was only the beginning. Once the news was out. There would be no stopping them.