THIRTY FIVE

A Cinderella for the sheikh

We couldn't find Mr.Arsalan at the golf club. Just to get into the place we had to pay for memberships and now that we did get to go in, he wasn't there. Giving up searching for him at the golf club we decided to ask around if anyone knew about his whereabouts. A while later we found out that he would go to his favourite restaurant every week after golf matches. Even though it was difficult to find what the name of the restaurant was we found it, Minho always had his ways.  

We went to the restaurant but it had private rooms. We would once again might need to either break in or either fake our identity out. Just as we were about to ask for information on Mr.Arsalan, A man in a black suit stood behind us. 

"This way,please" We exchanged looks with each other. Kade looked wary, in a stance where he expected someone to attack. The man lead us to a private dining room and opened the door.  A man in a black formal shirt at drinking tea. "That's Mr.Arsalan" Minho whispered in my ear. I nodded to him as I knocked in the door to get his attention. Mr.Arsalan looked up, got up from his seat and smiled "I've been waiting for your visit Mr.Ashar." Had he been contacted by Mr.Houssam too? 

He held out his hand and I shook hands with him. "Please sit down, What would you like to have?"  

"Thank you for your consideration Mr.Arsalan but we would politely say no to your offer, in return we need your co operation. What ever it is you need ,we will help you with it. All I want is for you to vote for my father at tomorrows board meeting." 

Mr.Arsalan gave me a kind smile. Out of all the share holders I had met. This man did not give me bad vibes. "Your father helped me out many times before. Even before I asked for his help. I suppose it's time I repay him for his kindness."  

"Mr.Houssam,I am sure   gave you a very tempting offer?" Mr.Arsalan laughed. "Which war is fair, he did. He wanted to give me something I very much wanted but you see I am a loyal man. I dont forget kindness. So please rest assured that I will surely vote for your father tomorrow.  "

"May I ask what he offered ?"  

Mr.Arsalan only smiled as he got up from his seat. "Go on, I am sure there are many more places you need to be." 

"Should we make him sign the agreement,shat if he backs out tomorrow?"

Minho whispered in y ear. He was right but it was something in this man that made me blindly  trust his words.  " let it be. I have a feeling that he is someone who keeps his words." With that we walked out. It kept worrying me though.This matter went too smoothly. So smoothly that it was worrying. 

Kade and Minho's features were a replica of mine. They too looked like they didn't believe that it was that easy. We were about to leave the restaurant when the receptionist stopped us and handed us a letter. 

We looked at each other as we curiously unfolded it. 

Don't celebrate your victory yet, you may not even make it to the meeting tomorrow ,you never know when death can come uncalled.  

Kade snatched the paper away from me and reread it. He took a protective stance in front of me and pushed me behind him ,Minho did the same. 

"Guys, I'm sure it's just a prank. Relax. Nothing will happen to me"  I smirked at them. Kade covered me from the front and Minho from behind as we rushed towards the car. Just as I was about to get in a searing pain and force shot through my right arm. 

Kade pushed me inside the car before another bullet shot through my body it instead hit the back window which shattered into pieces. Kade sheilded his body with the back door and got in the front seat. Minho accelerated and we sped away . Minho and Kade kept glancing at me with worried expressions. They looked like they were about to cry. I gave them a meek smile. "I'll live" . My arm kept bleeding in less than ten minutes my whole shirt was covered in blood. Even though I kept applying pressure it still bled. Slowly I was losing conciousness.  In the front I could hear Minho and Kade arguing about which hospital to take me. I just had to make sure in case I got up late.

"Minho,represent me in the board meeting. Make sure dad wins. Kade, please keep my family safe." I could see Kade and Minho looking at me. They were speaking but my hearing was fading. All I wanted to do was sleep. My arm was killing me and I wanted the pain to go away. With that I drifted off into unconciousness.