chapter 36

A Cinderella for the sheikh

Before I lost unconsiousness the only thing that passed in my mind was that this was the worst time for it. I got hit at the worst time. I didnt have any time for this. There were a lot if lives that depended on me.

'Minho.....'

I looked at Minhos panicked face as he drove on. It was blurred in my vision but his concern for me was evident.

'Hold on Ashar, You will be fine.'

The searing pain passed through me again. It was nothing like they showed in movies. The way actors get up if they get hit by a bullet and continue fighting. This pain was too hard to fight alone. I knew I would pass out any time. The pain was unbearable.

'Replace me in the board of directors meeting. We cannot stop now.'

With these words out I could finally let my eyes shut. I trusted Minho with everything. He was like a brother to me. As long as he was there everything would be fine. He could handle it.

SOPHIAS POV :

They said this island was the safest. No one knew its location and no one by sea could get in either. The place was heavily guarded. As I looked at the sea, The waves gently washing the shore. As my feet sunk in into the wet sand and the water washed my feet I wished relief could wash over me but it wasn't the case. Since the time I woke up until now I only felt a strange eery discomfort. Something that told me that things were far from going well. I worried and I couldn't sleep. I was worried for Ashar. I only trusted him to begin with. I could call him a friend. I found comfort when he was near and without him I felt alone. I was worried something bad would happen to him. His fight was not small, Many lives depended on him. The fight that had started only with me now involved the lives of his family and thousands of employees. Now that the throne was on the line A huge amount of lives depended on him. If only he could solve his problems one at a time but this wasn't meant to be so... All these problems had to come together.

I only hoped he was doing well, There was no news from their side. Just as I was about to turn around and walk back a helper rushed towards me.

"Madam" She said panicked. "They want you inside right now.theychave terrible news."

I felt faint. What could it be? Was Ashar alright? I rushed as fast as I could.

When I reached I saw Mom in Dads arms. Silent tears running down her eyes. everyone was huddled in the room. Every friend. Every helper. All eyes directed towards the TV.

Headlines flashed in Arabic and in English.

"Crown prince of Dubai shot,In critical condition"

This couldn't be happening. Not Ashar. Not him please Ya Rahman ( One of the names of Allah. Allah has 99 names meaning most merciful) I felt all energy drain out from my body and I sat on the floor holding the couch. I had never realised it but this man was my world. Without Ashar I had nothing and I couldn't bear to lose him. His kind eyes, His comforting words, His care and his kindness. I realised..... Ashar was my everything. I had fallen in love with this man I had asked to get married to. Tears fell down from my eyes as I weeped. I could see sadness in everyone's eyes. Adel was on the couch tears streaming down his face and his friends looked like they were in pain.

"We need to go to him" Mom said to Dad. "I cannot leave my baby alone like that. He must be in pain. He is alone. Mom broke down.

Dad shook his dead. " We cannot go. We cannot put anyone in danger. Minho and Kade are with Ashar. He will be fine. If we go now it will only cause more harm."

"What are you saying Omar? Thats my son there. Fighting for his life. How can I leave him alone like that?"

"You need to understand Amna. All Ashar's hard work will go in vain. All he went through will amount as nothing. The least we can do is protect ourselves and not make him even more worried. "
"Uncle is right Aunty" James stepped forward. "Ashar wouldn't want any of you to risk your life. Everything he has planned so far will go in vain."
"Let me go then" Adel stood up. "Allow me to go father. I need to show Ashar that I am okey. I need to tell him that even though we may not be the sibling from same parents our bond will still always be the same. I need to go to him. I know he must be worried for me thinking of what I am going through. Let me go."

"You cannot go even more so Adel. You are third in line for the throne. Your life is even more at risk. "

Adel sat down hopelessly.

The silence was broken by the ringing of a phone.

"Minho" Answered James. Every eye turned towards James.

"Alright" "okey". James looked at me. The results are out. We have proof that you are the heiress of The Edward empire." Minho asks you to trust him and come to the board meeting."

"How is Ashar?" Dad asked James.

"Still in the operating room."

"Is it safe for Sophia to go?" James shook his head.

"No one is safe. Especially not any of you but we have to take this risk. This may be the only way to Save the Abdullah empire from their hands.If Sophia is willing to help that is. No one is forcing you Sophia. After this one confrontation you may be in danger. But this is what Ashar had planned. This one meeting can solve half of our problems."

"I cant Allow this James. Not when I know she will be in danger. " Dad Omar said.

If this could solve half of Ashars problems. I could not just protect myself and do nothing. I was afraid but I couldn't let Ashar battle it out alone. I had to stand in place if him and preserve what he loved most. It was time I returned the favour Ashar showed towards me. He wanted to save my empire for me. Now I would save his empire for him.

*************************