CHAPTER FOUR

I rubbed my face aggressively as I looked at the man sitting in front of me.He simply couldn't understand the word 'No' and was annoyingly persistent. I wouldn't have any issue with his offer if it was a deal with someone else but the man who the person in front of me represented was a known name in the underworld, He was a known name in illegal business.

I raised my hands up in defeat as a sign of peace. We couldn't get on these people's bad side but that didn't mean that the royal family would support them in any way. The worst part? There was not a single evidence against the man. On the records he was supposed to be as white as the paper but most families knew better than to make any sort of deal with them. Not only would it profit his illegal business but also give him name. The more he would rise, The more trouble he would cause. Such was the life of Ismail.

No one, not even the royal family or government had any proof to put him behind bars, nor could anyone afford to upset him.

"Just give me some time, I need to consult with my father." I sighed finally. It was important to give him the answer he wanted if I wanted to get rid of his 'supposed loyal employees' rotten soul, I was sure if it was some one else in his place the man would have convinced him by force, but even he knew better than to point a gun at a royal Emirati.

Almost four secret royal organization's had been on Ismail's case for more than a year now and still had no proof about him, either that or Ismail had already bought them with a lure for richness. Whatever the case Ismail had never been caught.

I wish I could say that we had a fool proof government, most were loyal and we knew that but some simply forgot their loyalty when it came to luxuries, it was not only here but all over the world.

Nobody ever understood how an unknown name had risen to power ,a man no one knew five years back. No one understood that was when they assumed that he was an illegal cause. A person no one would want to deal with,A person who played unfair.

Before the greasy haired man opened his mouth I clicked on the intercom to my private assistant. Minho, my Asian buddy and trusted assistant came into the room with a bright smile on his face making me smile in return. He was a smart guy of about my age. Very much efficient that I'd never ask for someone better. Minho was someone who would give his life for me without thinking about it for a second.

"Minho,would you please assist Mr.Jeffrey out of the office." Minho smiled in return as he nodded once and Jeffrey followed him out of the office with a sullen face.

I had to discuss this with my father. He would be angry for sure. The man Ismail had never gone this far as to invite his death my contacting a member of the royal family. I now had no doubt that his illegal business would be out in the open for good and soon.

That is when my phone rang breaking me out of my reverie. It was one of my employees called Janet asking me to confirm if I was going to America to make the necessary arrangements.
I confirmed her that I was indeed going and she hung up.

It had been six months since I had gone to America,I would finally get to meet my college friends there. Just like my father I had studied at Harvard and I was looking forward to go back. Maybe I would be granted an adventure or two with my friends. Since, the half the business responsibilities had landed on my shoulders, I has not much time for other stuff I enjoyed doing. Sure I went on water sports once in a while but I missed real adventures,the joy of discovering new places, jumping off cliffs and waterfalls. I missed my old life terribly but I knew it was time my father had more support and had decided as soon as I left university to help him as best as I can. Not only did I now have my own automobile industry which was a gift from my father but half of the Abdullah industry's responsibility rested on my shoulders. Making it even more impossible for me to do what I love.
I day dreamed of canoeing and rafting as I absently read a few deals over and over again because my mind had already slipped into bliss where I was carefree again,The water currents splashing all around my raft, drenching me from head to toe.

Yes, it was time to take a little break for sure if I was daydreaming in my office instead of doing what I was supposed to do.