CHAPTER NINE

Follow me on instagram
waves_unlimited.

A Cinderella for the sheikh
Chapter Nine.

I looked at the woman sitting in front of me with uncertainty. Either my brain was playing with me or the woman I met at the ball was a completely different human.

Everything about her was different,her eyes, her grace, the way she carried herself. Everything about this woman was different from the one at the ball. Perhaps she had another sister? But then why would she fake her identity?

"Do you have another daughter Mr.Houssam? Someone with a similar name?" The man looked at me like I was crazy then boomed with laughter.

"None that I know of young man! None that I know of." With that he brushed the matter aside, but I simply couldn't let it go.

I touched the bracelet in my pocket with my fingertips,feeling it's coolness.

Maybe this woman really was Kiara Houssam but she certainly wasn't the owner of this bracelet. I dropped it in my pocket where it was, for now. Till I found its real owner,if I ever would.

With a confuzzled state of mind I took adieu and left the mansion. A puzzled Minho tailing behind me. As soon as we got in the car Minho started to interrogate me.

"What was that about? Why do you look lost? What are you thinking?Am I missing out on something?" I let out a deep sigh as I looked at Minho.

"I think I am going crazy."

Minho looked at me incredously and laughed "Tell me something new." A couple of seconds of guffawing later he looked at my serious face and his smile dropped. "Is it serious?"

I nodded my head "I thought the woman I met at the ball was Kiara houssam but now I know that she wasn't Kiara Houssam. The question is why she fake someone else's identity and who she really is. Did Mr.Jenkins meet her for the first time too? Did he not know that she was a 'doppelganger' for the lack of a better word."

Minho was deep in thought for a few seconds,his eyebrows scrunched together like he was concentrating on a puzzle.

"How would you know the difference? Wasn't it a masquerade ball?"

"Yeah but her eyes. I know her eyes,I can't forget them. She reminded me of Sophia. And this woman doesn't have green eyes at all. That woman,she wore a shayla. This woman does not look like she follows our protocol. Why then would she wear it only at a party and not in front of strangers."
I questioned Minho.

"Lens? Maybe she wore lens to the ball?"

"No, even though she was wearing a mask I know that those two ain't the same. This Kiara is pure Asian.... That Kiara's skin tone was like a mix. Like American and Asian combined. I just don't know what's right and what's wrong anymore!" With that I hit my head on the steering wheel.

"You mean to say you can know nationalities by their skin colour? Like you are a British and Arab combined?"

He looked at the rearview mirror.

"For heavens sake dude look at me,I'm an Asian n my colour Is just as good as yours infact I must say I look smarter than you. All girls go crazy on my looks and don't forget the brains!"

I smiled as I gave him a pointed look.

Minho smirked at me as he looked out of the window.

"So you are sure that the woman who attended the ball is not Kiara Houssam? I mean to say... the gorgeous Kiara Houssam inside the mansion but someone else in her place. It's not possible though. The invites have our name on them so if This other fake 'American Asian' skin coloured Kiara, did get inside the ball she must have had the gorgeous Asian Kiara's invite!" Smirked Minho. Sad to say this but the man was right. Not that I would tell him that outright. He already had a big enough ego which was bigger than this car making me suffocated.  

"I know what you are thinking!" Minho responded

"What?"

"You admitted That I was right. The brains man,the brains I tell you." There he goes.

I smiled at my personal assistant and best friend. He was one of a kind and I was really glad to have him when I needed him.

"There is still something that you are not telling me,and don't deny it. I know you are." He raised his eyebrow questioning me.

I sighed.

"I think that the woman at the ball was Sophia Edward"

Minho looked stunned for a couple of minutes.

"You do know what happened to the Edwards. No one survived Ashàr."

I was expecting this response from him.

"I just know that the woman.... she reminded me of Sophia. They never found her body. She may be alive Minho."

"You never stopped loving her did you?"

I nodded my head in response.

"I need to find her. If It really was Sophia and she is alive we need to find her Minho. I need to find her." Minho must have heard the desperation in my tome for he nodded absent mindedly.

A couple of minutes later Minho smirked at me.

"What say we get hold of the balls video footages from the security?"

I smirked in returned.

Let's see what all of this leads to.

Sophia,if you really are alive then I'm going to find you even if it takes everything even more than I have the power to give