CHAPTER TWENTY-NINE

A Cinderella for the sheikh
Chapter twenty-nine

"If they can get to our food , they can get to our rooms!" James commented solemnly as he looked at us. "Is there anywhere else that this guy may not know of or hire anyone?"

My father and mother shared a glance with each other, my father questioned his eyebrows and my mother shrugged then smiled.

"We may know of one place as such." My father smiled at me. "You were too young, you may not remember the place ,but we used to go there often. It's our island.... The sheikh Abdullah island. Entry is restricted to anyone else, has the best of security,and you will have transport in the snap of a finger."

"And of course,  you two may find what you are looking for over there" My mom glanced at me and I wondered if she knew more than she let on.

"Well it sounds like a good place for a hideout but before that, Ashàr did you find the fingerprints we were looking for?"

I looked away embarrassed, I had completely forgotten about them in all this chaos.

"Well, there are not many things to look into. It will hardly take about an hour"

"Get going then,will you? Once we release a statement to the press that Sophia is the real heiress with proof we can go to this island till her uncle gets caught because once the statement Is out there will break out a war for sure." James looked worryingly at Sophia and I did the same, she was absent mindedly playing with her bracelets but there was a determined look on her face.

"I want to stay right here and see what my uncle can do, there is no use in hiding now. Once I declare that I am Sophia their will be full on war and I want to be their to fight it. I've suffered a lot of abuse in my uncles hands and I am not going to back down again. I need to bring him down for what he did to my parents if I really am who you tell I am then I am a witness that my parents were murdered. I heArd everything HousSam said word to word and I won't rest till I don't see him behind bars. We will stay here, change the security pass code if needed, fire the newest staffs. Do whatever you got to but I am going no where till houssam gets caught!" Sophia ended fiercely, then as if realising she had company she blushed, I smiled at her. This was the strong headed girl I once knew, who achieved everything she put her mind to.

"Well,now I can see an Edward in you" My father teased Sophia and she turned even more crimson.

"Actually I can see more of Maya in her,don't deny the fact that Maya made Edward agree to anything she said" My mother challenged father.

"Well you do that to me too ,wife! I am totally in your control!" My father retorted winking at my mother as my mother playfully whacked his arm, a blush rising on her cheeks.

My friends laughed and got up to go to their own rooms.

As soon as we approached our rooms I contacted Anna. The head of the household staff. I had to remove her finger prints. She was one woman I trusted but I had now realised that anything can be infiltrated.

Anna didn't complain but was very understanding when I removed her finger print from the scanner.

As I entered the room I saw Sophia looking at the box curiously. It was our memory box. It had all our scrap books and albums and tidbits from our past.

I sat down on the carpet, crisscrossing my legs as I pulled the box closer to me.

I looked at Sophia with a smile and she smiled back. "Want to travel down memory lane with me?"

Sophia walked towards me and sat down opposite to me. " I don't have any memory ,but it would be nice to walk down the memory lane with you." Sophia was opening up to Me little by little. She used to avoid me,now she was a bit more warmer towards me and it made me feel hopeful for a brighter future with her. Yes, she had baggage, but I was willing to carry all that baggage for her as long as she wanted me in her life.