Broken Nose And Touching Penises

Chapter 12

         I was seriously beginning to think that my life could legitimately be a movie, with all the drama-filled moments that seemed to be happening a lot more often lately. And yeah, we could argue that the mess I was finding myself in was indisputably my fault, or we could most accurately point the finger in a different direction; that of a man who was so infuriating, it was making my head spin.

        “How did you know I was back in New York, and did I not say to leave me alone?” I said, rage coming out of me like smoke from a fire.

          I was angry, and by the look he had on his face, he couldn't care less. His indifference annoyed the living hell out of me. I hated how dismissive he was; how he thought it was okay for him to act this way without any repercussions.

         “It wasn't hard to find out where you were once you bought your ticket with the credit card.” He answered, approaching me. “Come on, we need to talk.” He grabbed me by my arm.

           “Absolutely not, I thought I was pretty clear on the phone when I said I didn't want talk to you or see you. So,” I pulled my arm, trying to get rid of his grip with no success. “Let me go,” I growled, fighting the hold he had on me. “Would you freaking let me go?” I pulled harder, but he wouldn't let go.

           “Darcy, we were kind of on our way to dinner so if you wouldn't mind letting her go." Rose stepped up. Darcy just sent a glare her way, making her take a step back from intimidation.

         “Stay out of this, Rose.” He ordered. I frowned. What gave him the right to talk to my friend this way?

       “Jesus, Sorry.” Rose mumbled, moving back a couple of feet, looking like a puppy who had just been kicked by his owner.

        “Hey, Don't you talk to my friend like that.” I pulled even harder than before, hurting my arm a bit in the process. I needed him to understand that manhandling me the way he was wouldn't be in his favor, but unfortunately, the message wasn't registering with him.

           When I thought I wouldn't be able to free myself of him, I saw Royce walk into the lobby towards us. I looked at him, begging him to help me with my eyes. Certainly Darcy was bound to let me go if Royce said something. At least, I hoped.

        “Let her go, Darcy.” He stared at Darcy, placing a hand on me, the tension was running high between them, the room heavy with a certain something.

             “And who are you?” Darcy asked with an air of boredom to his words, as if he couldn't care less. I rolled my eyes at him. He knew who Royce was, he just simply decided to forget the fact.

             “Someone who will hurt you if you don't let her go.” Royce answered, with all seriousness to his words, my heart jumped. Darcy laughed. This was not what I wanted, I didn't need them fighting, I just needed Darcy gone and for things to go back on track the way it had been planned.

            “I want to see that happen.” Darcy said and started walking, pulling me with him as if it were the easiest thing. By the way he was pulling me, one wouldn't have possibly known that I was dragging my feet while fighting his hold on me. The man was strong and in other situations, that would have made me think dirty thoughts, but this moment wasn't it.

            “I said let her go,” Royce pulled me towards him by my other arm before stepping in front of me to stare at Darcy right in the eyes. Although Royce was tall, Darcy still had a couple of inches on him which he used to his advantage. Suddenly, Darcy let go of me, much to my relief. He fixed his jacket and then just like that, punched an unexpecting Royce right in the face.