Accidentally On Purpose

( Charlotte's POV )

           "Fuck! Darcy, is she okay?" I asked, which seemed like a dumb question to ask the moment it came out of my mouth but then again, that was usually what people said in situations like this. You had to ask if the person was okay, you just had to because being in an accident didn't automatically mean that it was life threatening. But since she was pregnant, there was two lives we had to worry about.

         "From what they just told me, they think she'll be fine but they don't know about the child so they are hurrying to the hospital." He answered and then quickly walked over to the bed to retrieve his clothes that were splattered all over the floor.

           "Do they know what happened?" I sat on the bed and watched him put on his clothes.

        "They said when they walked into the penthouse they found her on the floor in the bathroom laying on her side in pain because she couldn't get up, so I'm guessing she tripped and fell." He put on his jacket since winter had already started and it was freezing outside. "Aren't you getting dressed?" He asked as he grabbed his keys off the night stand.

         I frowned. "You want me to come with you?"

         He nodded. "I want you to be there with me."

         "And you don't think it'll upset her to see me there?" I asked as he kneeled in front of me.

          "How about you let me worry about that?" He held my hand and smiled. I took a second as we looked at each other before smiling back.

         "Okay." I got up. "Give me five minutes to quickly rinse my body before we go." I told him as I walked towards the bathroom.

____________________

         We ran quickly in the direction of the receptionist as soon as we entered the emergency room. After I had gotten dressed, Darcy hadn't wasted anymore time, driving like a mad man the whole way here. It really was a surprise that we had made it to the emergency room safe and sound, because for a moment, I thought we might have died in his Lamborghini.

          With all the ways this night could have ended, I didn't think it was going be with Darcy and I running to the hospital. I knew it was going to come down to that sooner or later because of the fact that she was just about ready to have her baby, but I didn't think it would be because of an accident.

         Darcy had filled me in a little more on our way to the hospital of what he had been told happened. Apparently Jemma was lucky enough to have had her phone with her in the bathroom so that when she fell, she was able to call 911 and that's how the hospital was able to reach Darcy.

          Even though I was scared that I might have died tonight with the insane way Darcy had maneuvered his vehicle on those New York City roads, I was still praying for the baby to be ok and make it, even Jemma too. I might not have liked her but I wouldn't have wished her something this awful.

          "Jemma Miles, please?" He asked the girl sitting behind the desk.

        "Are you family, sir?"

       "Yes, yes I am ma'am." He answered. I stood behind him as I anxiously listened to him speak with the dark skin nurse sitting behind her desk.

         Even with everything that was happening, I couldn't help but think that this night would change everything. Things would be different once that baby was born and I could feel it in the air.

        Would it be wrong of me to remind Darcy to ask for the DNA test? I knew the situation wasn't ideal but as long as mom and child were ok, nothing was stopping us from finding out the truth.