Needing

Chapter 41

            ( Charlotte's POV )

            "Charlotte!!! Where are you!?" I heard Rose sing from the living room, her voice churpy and full of happiness and excitement.

"I'm in here." I yelled back and quickly flushed the toilet, washed my hands and basically ran out of the bathroom to find Rose standing in the middle of the living room, hands behind her.

"So?" I excitedly asked, stopping in front of her and impatiently waiting since yesterday for her to show me the ring on her finger. She had called me late last night to let me know that Willam had proposed to her like she had thought he was going to do.

She was whispering then, not wanting to wake him up but not willing to wait until the next day to let me know of the news. She was so excited and I was just so happy that I started crying on the phone with Rose trying her hardest not to cry. She really deserved all the happiness in the world.

"Oh, my God, Char." she squeaked as she flipped her hand in front of her to display the gorgeous round cut diamond on her finger.

"AHHH!!!" I screamed and ran then jumped on her, holding on to Rose's neck and squeezing her tightly to me. "Rosie, This is so awesome. I'm literally buzzing right now." I spoke into her ears as I felt my tears coming forth again. I pulled away from her to wipe them off.

"Oh Char, please don't start crying or else I'll start bawling my eyes out." She laughed, her eyes starting to turn red, but I couldn't, for the life of me, stop crying.

"I am just so happy for you," I said sniffling. "You have so much love in your heart and you deserve all the best in the world and William is such a great man and you guys are wonderful together." Okay, my tears were freely falling on my cheeks now.

"Aw, come here." She pulled me in for another hug. I laughed a little embarrassed at the crying and rested my head on her shoulder.

She finally let me go when I felt better enough not to need to be held again. I was just a big baby with my emotions running wild.

"So what's next?" I sat in the sofa and she followed, falling heavily next to me with her head on my shoulder.

"He's taking me to California in a few days to see his parents."

"Would that be your first time meeting them?" I asked.

"No, I actually met them a few months back. Very nice people. Mom is a high school principal and dad is an architect."

I nodded. "That's great, sweetie." I said as I patted her cheek which for some reason made her laugh before sighing heavily.

"I'm engaged, Char." She exclaimed as she inspected her ring again.

"That you are."

"Well fuck!" We looked at each other before bursting out laughing, our voices resonating loudly in the living room.

_________________

            "Thank you again for coming with me, Stella." I said while I kept my eyes fixed on the many faces around, trying to find that particular one I was waiting for.

"My pleasure." She smiled. "Your girl isn't here so I'll fill in until she comes back." She added. "So, Do you see him?" Stella asked as we both stood next to the baggage claim waiting impatiently for the passengers to arrive.

I couldn't believe Andrew was finally moving to the states and I honestly couldn't have been happier. He had called me a few days ago to let me know that all his paperwork for the school were finally settled for him so of course, I had told him I was going to come pick him up at the airport.