Panic And Terror

(Before we start this chapter, I first want to clarify something: I DON'T CONDONE VIOLENCE

(Before we start this chapter, I first want to clarify something: I DON'T CONDONE VIOLENCE...EVER! AND I APOLOGIZE IN ADVANCE FOR ANYONE WHO'S UNCOMFORTABLE WITH MY PUTTING IT IN THE STORY, BUT IT HAS TO BE DONE. IT'S ALL PART OF THE STORY, IT'S LEADING UP TO OTHER THINGS. SO AGAIN, I'M SORRY!)

______________________

                    Chapter 22

          I was scared. Well, more so terrified really. If I didn't do something really quick, I would die. How I knew that? Well because of that fiery rage burning in his eyes. It was as if for this moment here, he wasn't himself, it was as if he wasn't the Darcy I knew, or maybe this was who he's always been and maybe that's what he's been hiding from me all along.

           This side of him, this scary and intense man. It was as if he was lost deep within himself as he preyed on my most primal fears. Would Darcy have the guts to kill me? I didn't know and I didn't want to find out, I had to get out from under him, I had to make him stop before somebody finds my lifeless body in this hotel room.

            "DARCY, PLEASE STOP, I CAN'T BREATHE." I cried out with basically the very last breathing air that I could find within me as my eyes rolled into their sockets. I felt the tears fall on my face and hoped to God that he came to his senses soon before killed me. I was kicking, pushing, thrashing around, hoping that maybe my movements and cries would be enough to pull him out of whatever that was he had gone to, that place that made it possible for him to put his hands around my neck and squeeze until the very life inside me started to fade away and unconsciousness slightly pulled me in.

            I didn't think I could fight him off any longer, my body was tiring, it was getting harder to breathe and he was oh so stronger than I ever could be. In the back of my mind, even though I was still fighting with the last bit of life I had in me, I was slowly coming to the realization that maybe, this was where the road stopped for me, this was where I would meet my tragic demise.

I wondered if I would be missed, I didn't have much people in my life, but I had one who counted the most. So naturally, I thought of Rose, her beautiful blue eyes that always showed so much more than what was at the surface. I thought of her smile, the one that started appearing on her face a few days after meeting me many years ago. It was hypnotic, and the more genuine it was, the more you had to wonder who would ever look at her and not want her to be part of their lives. She's made life tolerable for me. I hoped she knew how much she meant to me, I hoped she'd understand that I didn't mean to leave her. Most of all, I hoped she'd forgive me.

I closed my eyes and stopped fighting.

A few seconds later, I felt his fingers loosen around my neck and then they were gone.

The minute he let go of me and walked away, I fell back on the bed as my nostrils flared up, trying incredibly hard to capture as much air as humanly possible to revive my body. I coughed, attempting to get rid of whatever ghostly creature that was still queezing out my throat. Both of my hands landed on my neck as if that could have protected me if he had, right then, decided to finish the job.