The Art Of Moving On

Chapter 48

Charlotte's POV

(

Three Months Later)

        I woke up to my cellphone painfully ringing in my ear while I lay on my bed. I fumbled with the sheets for a little bit trying to find the phone without having to open my eyes. I was exausted.

         "Hello?" I grumbled, not bothering to check the caller ID on the screen.

          "Hey are you ready? I'm on my way to come get you." Rose said as I heard her start her vehicle, the engine coming to life with a little roar as she did so.

          "Why are you even up right now?" I fussed with my sheets, trying to envelope my whole body in them.

         I shuddered at the thought of getting out of this warm bed when everything was freezing thanks to this January kick ass winter.

          "Don't you know we both have classes this morning?" She laughed, her voice sounding a bit distant as she spoke which let me know she had connected me to the speaker and Bluetooth in the car.

          "Hold on," I took the sheets off my head for a second as I spoke to her. "Were you not in Vegas with me this weekend? Should I have to remind you that we had gotten back just..." took the phone off my ear to check the time. "Jesus, three hours ago." I exclaimed.

           She laughed even harder. "Don't be such a baby, there's no way I would have let you skip class today and I'm pretty sure you knew that deep down." She explained. I smiled because she was right but I decided to still give her a hard time.

          Finally, after a mental pep talk to my inner self, I got off the bed. "What I don't understand is why you have to be this jovial right now, you are totally ruining my grumpy mood." I joked and strode towards my bathroom in nothing but my underwear, scratching my butt and pulling the side of my panties that had decided to find refuge in between my ass cheeks.

            "I'm getting married in two months, I think I'm pretty much stuck in this state until the deeds are done so uhm it pretty much sucks for you."

           I rolled my eyes but smiled nonetheless because it made me happy to think of how fast we were able to organize the wedding. "You're lucky I love you so damn much, young lady." I replied, sitting myself down on the potty. She giggled.

          "Anyway, I'm about to order some breakfast and coffee so you better get ready before I get there."

          I flushed the toilet. "Okay, sounds good, I'll see you in a little bit." I told her before we hang up. I put my phone down on the bathroom counter and stared at myself in the mirror.

            We've had a lot of fun in Vegas for Rose's Bachelorette's party but if I had to do it again, I would have probably waited until we had a break from school. Coming home four hours before your classes started wasn't such a good idea now that I thought about it.

          I smiled at my reflection in the mirror, gosh I looked like a hot mess and felt like it too but it was all worth it just thinking about how happy Rose had been throughout the whole weekend. I shrugged, well there really wasn't anything to be done now, all I needed to do was get ready for school. I got out of my panties and stepped in the shower and under the warm water.

          I closed my eyes as I relaxed my body fully. It had been over three months now since I had last seen Darcy...well more like he had tried to kill me. He hadn't tried to contact me and I hadn't done the same. It was better this way, I was happy this way. It might have taken awhile for me to get to this but once I did and I realized I didn't actually need him to be happy, I found myself enjoying life a lot more.