Emergency

Chapter 43

( Charlotte's POV )

           The second I opened my eyes, I immediately regretted having had that much to drink the previous night. I couldn't really keep my eyes open because of how bright it already was.

            I tried to lift my head up to the alarm clock to see what time it was and realized I was butt naked on the bed. And all of the sudden, things came crashing down.

           Darcy!

           I looked at the other side of the bed to find it empty and cold. He had probably left, it was better this way anyway. I kept thinking or at least I kept trying to convince myself as I finally had the courage to fight the headache, the tiredness and the body aches to be able to get off the bed and try to have a productive day.

           In the back of my mind though, I kept thinking back to the previous night as I was heading towards my robe that was randomly hanging off the bedroom chair.

            I hadn't expected the night to end up the way it did last night, with me getting ridiculously drunk and Darcy and I sleeping together. How did I get from hanging out with Stella and Andrew to be basically carried home by Christian was mind boggling to me. And then I remembered.

           Christian!

           I quickly put on my white fluffy robe, then fastened it and started frantically looking around for my phone so I could call Chris and probably apologize. Apologize about what? Well that I wasn't too sure. I wasn't totally remembering everything that had happened, especially after Chris dropped me off at home.

            I was curious to know as of what had happened between him and Darcy, hopefully he would be able to fill me in on the details.

            I walked back to the bed and moved the covers around to be able to find my phone laying in the middle of the bed which I quickly grabbed to call Chris.

           Walking towards my bedroom's door with my focus totally on the phone, I got assulted with the smell of frying food that welcomed me the second I stepped out and walked into the living room. I frowned, lifting my head to find Darcy leaning over the stove with a spatula in hand.

            I stopped whatever I was doing on my phone and stared, suprised to see him still there at my place.

           "What are you doing?"

           He looked away from the frying pan in front of him, his eyes landed on me and smiled.

           "I'm making breakfast, " He answered simply as he turned off the stove and then transfered the omelet that he was cooking on a clean plate. "Come on, sit down."

           "What are you doing here? In my apartment?" I repeated again. "What are you still doing here?"

           He walked past me with two plates in hands. One with an omelet and one with some scrambled eggs and pancakes and put them down on the dining table before sitting. He then turned his face to look at me.

             "Come eat."

           "No." and then my stomach started growling because the truth was, I was famished and I needed food in me before I passed out. I walked over to the table and sat down, in the corner of my eyes, I saw a smile forming on his lips.

          I rolled my eyes and kept my face tight as I started digging into my plate of pancakes and scrambled eggs.

           "Charlotte." He started but I cut him off because I just didn't want to hear it.