Birthdays Kisses

Chapter 33

           With all the drama that had happened lately, I honestly had forgotten that well it was my birthday. Or maybe I didn't forget but just put it aside because I realized that I was a year older which meant that I was twenty three years old and that on itself got a girl thinking. There was no more playing around, no more slacking. I had to make things right in my life and that was starting with maybe school and for that I couldn't wait.

I only had a few weeks left before my very first classes start and only the day before that I had decided that I wanted to go for a psychology degree. I just always found that fascinating. To me there wasn't anything greater than the feeling of knowing that you've helped someone deal with something traumatic or other.

"So, what do you want to do today?" Rose asked after she came into my room with a cupcake that had a burning birthday candle on top singing HAPPY BIRTHDAY.

"I don't know really, I don't really feel like celebrating. I mean it's not like I have any friends to celebrate with." I answered as I bit into my cupcake.

"Hey!" Rose complained as she playfully pushed me a little and started laughing.

"Well it's not the same, you're not my friend Rose, you're my sister so you don't really count in the friend department... ok well maybe you do but it's still not the same." I explained to her while trying to keep the crumbs off me.

"Yea well, I told Christian that it was your birthday so don't be suprised if he wants to do something and before you say anything, you're not allowed to say no."

I closed my mouth as I smiled at her. She knew me so well. But that also got me thinking. I wondered if Darcy knew it was my birthday or if he even cared at all.

I knew that shouldn't even be my thoughts but I couldn't help it. A little part of me wanted to know. I also wanted to know what he would have done if we were still together.

Would he have wanted to celebrate or would he have not cared at all? After the sort of kidnapping episode and when I got home and settled and took the time to think, I realized that Darcy might be Darcy...and that says a lot, but somehow along the way he might have learned to care.

I've notice something, small as it might have been but it was still something and now I was wondering if maybe I should give him another chance. A chance to maybe talk and get everything out on the table.

I've been holding things in for too long and if I wanted things to change between he and I, I had to make the first move. I would never be able to know for sure if he felt the same way until I actually laid all my cards on the table, and at this specific moment, I was ready.

I just hoped that once all was said and done, Darcy wouldn't trash my feelings like some sort of old Chinese food.

*******************

( Darcy's POV )

I waited patiently in front of the green door for this Christian Kane to show up. He was bound to make an appearance since it was his apartment and I had made sure I had left work early to be there once he got home.

I knew it was where he lived because I had people I paid extremely well to get me that information. So I wasn't worried of my being at the wrong address. I knew where he lived, I knew where he worked, I even knew his social security number. To cut things short; I knew all there was to know about the man to use it in my advantage.

With my back leaning against the wall of his apartment and my arms crossed in front of me in a relaxed stance, I watched him as he approached with his eyes glued on his phone's screen and a book bag in the other hand.