Chapter 12

"Boys, you were amazing! I've spoken to Luke and he said that he's mums ill and has just been diagnosed with cancer." Paul said looking really upset.

"Paul, are you alright?" Harry said immediately hugging Paul whilst Paul broke down into tears. Me, Amy and Katie all gave each other confused looks. "Paul used to date Mrs Hemmings...They were engaged at once but had to break up." Louis whispered into my ears and I told the others. I felt sorry for Paul it was obvious that he wasn't over her.

We all got back into the limo and went back to the hotel. "Hey, April you have a real talent there. Can you sing?" Niall asked me when we was laying in bed together. His arms were wrapped around me and we were talking about the events of the day. "I don't know, people have told me that I can." I said unsure of whether I could sing or not. "Do it!" He ordered.

"She's like cold coffee in the morning

I'm drunk off last nights whisky and coke

She'll make me shiver without warning

And make me laugh as if I'm in on the joke

And you can stay with me forever

Or you could stay with me for now

Tell me if I'm wrong

Tell me if I'm right

Tell me if you need a loving hand

To help you fall asleep tonight

Tell me if I know

Tell me if I do

Tell me how to fall in love the way you want me to

I'll wake with coffee in the morning

But she prefers two lumps of sugar and tea

Outside the day is up and calling

But I don't have to be so, please go back to sleep

Stay with me forever

Or you could stay with me for now"

I sang in his arms. He was staring at me intensely and I blushed a bright crimson red. I hated the fact that I blush whenever he looks at me but couldn't stop it. "You're amazing." He breathed and I fell happily asleep in his arms.

"She's amazing seriously. If the boys can't open the show anymore we should get Amy and April to do a duet." Nialls irish accent showed so much when he's excited. "I want to hear her first." Zayn said,

"Okay...sure." I got out of bed and walked to the kitchen after making myself look half presentable. "No!" I said blushing they all looked at me and gave me evils. I knew the interrogation was about to start.

"Why April?"

"I have stage fright." I lied.

"Bull shit! You played the guitar infront of millions of people alone and this time you and amy will both be signing."

"But...that's different. I'm not confident in singing." I stuttered. Singing in front of millions of people brought back so many bad memories. "Just try, baby, infront of us nine, please?" Amy who had been sitting there in silence nodded and we both started singing one of our favourite songs, The Show by Lenka.

"Wow!"

"Oh my!"

"Seriously girls, you have to do this."

I nodded, getting advice from the biggest boy band in the world had boosted my confidence a bit. "Ill do it tonight. But if I can't, I won't be able to do it any other nights." I sighed, I couldn't believe that I was about to agree to this. "Great I'll go tell Paul." Louis shouted running out of the hotel room. The boys just laughed and watched him go, I gave a sideways glance at Amy to see that she was staring at me, her eyes filled with worry.

She knew why I had confidence issues, her and the whole of my primary school. I knew I had to overcome it someday but honestly thought that day would never come but it had. It all happened when I was about seven and it was something I would never forget.

"April, you're on in a minute, are you nervous?" I shook my head excitedly. I had gotten the lead role in the school play. We were doing our own version of High School Musical and I was Gabriella and the boy I fancied was Troy so all was good.

I ran out on stage on cue and said my lines and then me and 'Troy' burst into a song. Half way through the song I heard people start to talk and then there was a lot of commotion. I looked at the crowed to see him running towards me with a knife.

"YOU! YOU! I hate you! You are a little self centred brat who thinks she's perfect well your not. You can't sing or act and your pathetic. Even your own mother hates you. Your dad died to save you but it was a waste of his time. It should have been you dead not him!!! You only think about yourself and I'm here to finish off what should have been. You ugly, fat, little, un-talented brat!!!"

I screamed as he lashed at me with a knife.