Chapter 45 - Awakening

What happened the next day really changed the Anderson's. Kurt woke up in the middle of night, feeling very sick and very pale. He thought it was a hangover. But then he couldn't breathe, Blaine took Selena into Rachel's and quickly explained what happened and took Kurt to hospital. Blaine started crying as he saw Kurt on the hospital bed rolling through the aisle, later to discover that Kurt had been diagnosed with stage 4 thyroid cancer. This will change his life forever.

Blaine: When is- *puffs* Kurt *puffs* coming out of there?
Doctor: You can see him *direct Blaine to Kurt*
Blaine: *runs into room to find Kurt in a hospital bed unconscious* Baby-
Nurse: Are you family?
Blaine: I'm his husband!
Nurse: I understand *lets Blaine past*
Blaine: *sits beside Kurt* This can't be happening, again.
Nurse: What do you mean, again?
Blaine: When we were in high school, he got beaten up and *starts crying* taken into hospital. It's like the same situation. Me here and him there. But this time, we don't know what is wrong with him.
Nurse: That's what i've came to tell you, Kurt has been diagnosed with Thyroid Can-
Blaine: What?
Nurse: Kurt has been-
Blaine: Thyroid Cancer? What the hell is Thyroid Cancer?
Nurse: Thyroid Cancer is a disease-
Blaine: *mumbles* obviously,
Nurse: That you get when abnormal cells begin to grow in your thyroid gland.
Blaine: Your lucky i understand scientology. If i didn't, i'd probably be getting angry and confused.
Nurse: *puts hand on Blaine's shoulder* It's okay.
Blaine: Thank you.
Nurse: *looks at Kurt for about 20 seconds*
Blaine: He is charming isn't he?
Nurse: I recognise him.
Blaine: He is on broadway.
Nurse: Wait, is this Kurt Anderson?
Blaine: Yeah how did yo-
Nurse: He is my idol! I loved Kurt in Mamma Mia, i saw the show when it first opened!
Blaine: Well i'm his husband.
Nurse: You have a very talented husband.

Kurt woke up a couple hours later and he got told by Blaine and the nurse. Kurt couldn't have been more devastated in his life. He had to quit his job and let his understudy take his role. Kurt became depressed, god knows what Selena will say. Blaine also called Burt to tell him.
Burt: I'll get a flight tomorrow.
Blaine: Thank you so much, also you can meet our daughter!
Burt: You, had a child?
Blaine: Adopted, yes.
Burt: Oh, i was going to say. Well, send all my love to Kurt.
Blaine: I will, thank you. I'll see you tomorrow.
Burt: See you tomorrow, bye.
Blaine: Bye. *hangs up*
Blaine still loved Kurt unconditionally and hopefully, will look after him for the rest of his life.

3 days later. (Wednesday 13th)
Blaine took Kurt home after staying in hospital for three days beside Kurt, he agreed he wasn't going to leave him, Burt said he would visit and get a flight home but he hasn't arrived yet, i wonder why? Wait, now Blaine's phone is ringing.
Blaine: *picks up* Hello?
Cede: Hello Blaine, this is Cede, Kurt's aunt.
Blaine: Oh, i think i met you at the wedding! What would you like to talk to me about?
Cede: Well firstly, how's Kurt?
Blaine: He is home now but he knows about the *looks back and whispers* cancer.
Cede: Oh my baby boy! I need to see him. But *puffs* I need to tell you something a-swell.
Blaine: What's that?
Cede: It's about Burt.
Blaine: What about him?
Cede: You know he was going to fly over to see Kurt, right?
Blaine: Right.
Cede: Well, *begins to cry* He got on the plane, then *puffs* halfway through the flight, it crashed. I was there in the crash, i luckily survived. But Burt, he's *starts crying* Dead.
Blaine: Oh my god! How am i supposed to tell Kurt?
Cede: You'll need to tell him, i've told Kurt's neighbours because i got their numbers and texted them.
Blaine: How am i supposed to break it to him?
Cede: Just tell him, right i got to go-
Blaine: Thank you, bye *hangs up*
Kurt: Who was that?
Blaine: *turns around*
Kurt: *sees that Blaine is about to cry* What's the matter babe?
Blaine: It's, Burt.
Kurt: Whats happened.
Blaine: He's *starts crying* Dead.