Chapter 16: My Power, My Pleasure, My Pain

Sweet mother of...phew! ^u^; You wanted an update? You got it.

Okay, so this chapter was originally two but I mashed them together (for reasons) so after this, I can see that we'll ALL need time to recuperate (and yeah, so does my hand...and maybe my brain if we're throwing everything around). SORRY! Haha so (hopefully) the rest to come will be shorter and sweeter to the point. *pinky-swear* And guys we reached like 15.2K reads! Is this the real life or just fantasy? Asjkl thank you for always taking the time to let me know how you feel :D

"But did you know that when it snows, my eyes become large, and the light that you shine can be seen?"

...

Tverskaya district, Hunter's warehouse, 12:12 am

The group left the Khamnoviki District and entered Tverskaya Ulitsa, a district more north.

There wasn't a warehouse in sight...but that was the idea.

It looked like a regular empty, rundown structure amongst the fifty others on the avenue, but when Thalia called ahead and ordered the side doors to open, it was a complete lie. The glamour of the tiny warehouse hid the immense underground center from the rest of the Russian citizens - they had no clue that the men who moved in and around it were operatives and not mere businessmen or factory workers.

Inside, there were levels upon levels of iron platforms with stairs and poles dropping to each one. From where they stood, Nico saw an inventory control system on the main level (their level), another level specifically designed for combat training - and for several levels high, it looked like the warehouse had devoted most of its space to weapon tech and computer control. More still, there were many hallways tucked into each wall, and they heard elevator dings and strange hissing sounds go off in the distance.

So yeah, the warehouse was HUGE...It was just too bad that Percy couldn't appreciate it like the prince.

The second they were rushed in after Thalia, and her girls shut the steel doors to block out the winter frost, Percy began to shake violently and stumbled.

"Percy?! I mean...Dean?!"

Percy's nerves were shot and his core was shaking. His skin was clammy and when the prince tried to steady him, Percy's hand pushed him away. He clawed at the collar of his blue button-down shirt, grinding his teeth.

Neither noticed before but in the light, it looked like Percy got more from the fight than he thought.

There was a small spot of darkening skin on his neck. It looked like a tiny network of spidery dark blue lines outlining his veins beneath his tanned complexion.

It was searing him from underneath.

Percy growled and banged a fist angrily against a nearby railing, trying to mentally suppress the pain like he'd been trained.

It wasn't working though and he kept writhing where he stood - he wasn't the only one.

"This way, hurry!" Thalia grunted softly as she stumbled slightly then she and her girls ushered the two down a long set of iron steps to the lowest level: the infirmary and resting area.

Percy squinted through his slightly blurred vision and saw that Thalia, her partner, and the other two surviving girls were collapsing on themselves. They were gasping for breath and rubbing their necks.

He looked around for Nico's coat.

"P...Pr-"

Nico gripped his arm and helped him down the iron stairs.