Chapter 7: The Media Announcement

Urban slums outside Ho Chi Minh City, 2:49 am

A car drove until it reached a new city and pulled up to a curb on a rundown clubbing district. The second the driver killed the engine, the passenger threw his door open and stumbled out.

Percy stepped out more gracefully and scanned the bustling street but all he saw were a couple guys walking drunk across the sidewalk. When some girls eyed him as they clicked in their heels towards a nearby club, he turned and shut the door. He gave the prince a quick glance before he walked around to the back of the car.

"Let's rest okay?" he said and Nico nodded. He wiped a hand across his mouth and stared at the open night sky.

Nico hated enclosed spaces. He loved the feeling of wide, open spaces and having enough air to fill his lungs. So, when he saw the stars and felt the cool breeze in his face, he nearly cried. He never wanted to be kidnapped again.

Nico flit his eyes around the district and took in the signs and the bright lights. The signs were not in English but he understood them just fine.

They were Vietnamese logos.

Nico frowned. Kronos' men really had driven for a while after they kidnapped him. Twelve hours west in fact.

He was in an entirely different country!

It made sense though...he'd only been tied up in that room for about twelve hours and still a full day had passed.

If this mysterious guy hadn't shown up, he'd probably still be there...or worse.

Nico turned to Percy, heart racing, and saw him bent low beneath the car. When he pulled back up, a tiny piece of metal was twirling in his gloved hand. He looked down at it petulantly.

"W-What is that?"

Percy gripped it tightly before he dropped it on the cement and smashed it with the heel of his boot.

"Nothing you need to concern yourself with." He then went to open the back door of the car.

Nico blinked his chocolate-colored eyes. Percy was really a guy of few words.

As he bent low under the passenger seat, Percy took out his knife and cut a hole in the leather and pulled out another piece of metal. Coming out, he dropped it on the ground with the ear complink he stole and destroyed them too.

When the blinking red light died, he flexed his pale fingers and ran them through his hair. Nico eyed him nervously.

"A tracker?"

Percy looked down at him briefly before he reached down to scoop up the pieces and dump them in a nearby drainage hole.

"Three actually. Kronos' dealers don't pay as much attention to detail as I do."

Nico nodded numbly and watched him return. Percy suddenly pulled out a lighter and sparked a flame.

"What are yo–" he started but saw something in his other hand.

When he lit the small bag of grey-purplish powder, he tossed it into the backseat of the car and slammed the door.

A second later, the dried mixture made a small explosion and the car began to smoke with purplish clouds. When a little fire started, Percy then turned to Nico and beckoned him with a finger to follow him.

"Hey!"

He shouted to a group of drunk club hoppers hanging out nearby. They turned to look at him.

Percy threw a thumb at the car not caring if they understood a word he said.

"Check out the fire!"