Chapter 19: Si Accende Il Mio Mondo

Guys, thank you for always being kind and patient during the past extensively long chapters! Get comfy, and to everyone on summer vacation, I hope you're having a good one. And everyone still waiting for it? Hang in there, hon. You're almost done. :)

"Just close your eyes. The sun is going down. You'll be all right. No one can hurt you now."

Moscow 3:38 am...or rather, Rome, Ciampino Airport, 12:38 am

When the jet reached over Italy, the Hunter decided to stop for a quick gas fill.

She told Percy and the prince that it would take about an hour and a half to fill and takeoff again so they might as well get off and change into their party clothes already.

With an assured security check to Thalia (because of Percy's constant paranoia), the two were ushered to a private section of the Italian airport where they could get ready. Both took quick showers and after getting into their formal wear, they had to return to the airplane.

Nico arrived back at the plane with the Hunter before Percy and the prince quickly let himself in the plane's small bathroom. He didn't want to take all the expensive accessories and such into the airport.

Percy meanwhile, stayed behind and decided against his own choice to use the hair dye Thalia had given him and returned to his full black hair – since the Russian Interpol had a newer look of him with his white streak, he had to blend in again.

When Nico finally emerged from the bathroom, he stopped short of breath at the sight of him.

Percy's black tuxedo made him incredibly sexy as he sat in the leather chair looking out the window at the Hunter on the ground, refuelling the plane's tiny engine. He wasn't in his dark trousers or combat boots, but handsome shoes provided by Thalia and the MK company. His (now) all black hair was still messy and swirling and Nico watched as Percy lifted his hands to fix one of his cuffs prematurely – probably a spy-cleanliness trait... or nerves.

When Percy the movement of black and silver in his the corner of his eye, he turned.

Instantly, Percy's gaze fell back on him and his breath hitched just the slightest in his throat.

Nico wore the same suit he'd had when they first met, but since Piper brought it to the cleaners and it was free of wrinkles and dirt, the satin looked brand new. Someone also took the time to find a cleverly cut white shirt, which gave Percy full view of Nico's spectacular collar bones. Nico fiddled with the edge of his suit jacket before he decided not to button it around him and tossed it into a chair.

As he moved further into the passenger cabin, Percy saw the glint of the Michael Kors silver jewelry from the watch around his wrist, and his spiked earrings. Nico stumbled on the mat in his dress shoes and when he tripped slightly, Percy's eyebrows flew up and he shot out a hand to catch his arm.

"Careful," he said and the prince nodded with a blush.

Nico hoped his appearance would be enough to compliment his face as Percy stared at him closely now. When Nico realised Percy wasn't wearing his leather glove on his left hand, the younger boy blinked and looked down.

It took him a moment to realise Percy had a weird scar in the middle of his palm. It had healed a long time ago, but it left a faint scarring of white lines spidery out and together – almost like a trident.

Percy caught his gaze instantly and let go as Nico steadied himself. As he did, he rubbed an arm.

"You...look really nice, Percy," he complimented with a warm smile and the ex-spy blinked.