Chapter 22: The Master of Nothing

Hello again... Um. Enjoy the update... Or don't, it's up to you, I guess.

...

"And I am master of a nothing place. Of recoil and grace."

Percy's eyes snapped open.

Kronos pulled his lips back to reveal angry, almost-pointed teeth. As he did, he tightened his glove around Percy's throat as he leaned down.

"Percy Jackson. I don't think we've have the pleasure of meeting once before."

Percy couldn't deny it as the man said his name... a terrible cold dripped down into his throat from where the Greek terrorist's glove touched his neck. But he pushed it down, remembering his training, and turned off the feeling.

He gritted his teeth but Kronos slammed his head against the concrete wall again.

"You know how I found you? Hm?" Kronos asked gently and roughly reached down for Percy's fingers and yanked off the promise ring. He then pulled it up and shoved it in the boy's face.

"By this. This shitty little toy," he snarled before he tossed it behind him. "You may have a Hunter who gives you toys, but I build weapons, and this sloppy invention sends off a stronger signature than any heat sensor can."

"Y-You–" Percy coughed but Kronos grit his teeth and tightened his grip.

"But his is still up in the penthouse! So... where is he?"

"Go to hell," Percy snapped out viciously and spat on Kronos's suit. The criminal frowned – Percy was the first man in ages to ever look him in the face and not cower away.

And he didn't take to that inattention well.

"My boy, Hell is not big enough. And in this profession, I've learned some statements are better shown by my own hand than by my own men."

And Percy watched as the ashen-skinned executioner pulled out his weapon with his left glove. Kronos's new weapon extended into a long stave with a curved blade at the end and he twirled it in his left hand before he violently thrust the back end of the weapon to the wall, straight for Percy's head!

But Percy shut his eyes and lifted his knees.

With a powerful cry, he snapped his hands out and pushed off the wall.

Fwoom!

A violent burst of wet snow deflected Kronos's line of trajectory and drove the stave into the wall just above Percy's ear. It caught a piece of his hair and he cried out angrily but Percy didn't stop, thinking of nothing but his full contact assault training.

Percy held his breath and twisted his body to the left, throwing his entire right hand over Kronos's larger, greying one as it was still around his throat. He locked wrapped his fingers underneath the terrorist's palm as best as he could then pushed his thumb into transverse curve between his thumb and forefinger. When it locked and he sent a rush of frozen water behind Kronos, it caused the man to stumble just the tiniest but it was enough for Percy.

He moved the hand slightly down his chest – then, he whipped the whole arm across him to the right!

Kronos bent forward slightly with a wild look in his eye as his arm was pulled straight across and Percy raised his elbow, ready to deliver a fatal elbow strike to the back of Kronos's elbow. But as he moved in to break it from behind–

But, it seemed that in the blink of an eye, a shadow appeared too close to his face and Percy pulled back instinctively.

As he did, Kronos instantly snapped back around and threw a powerful hook at Percy's forehead.