Chapter 13: Jack of All Trades

Happy belated Christmas and New Year's, everyone! Sorry for the late update. Guess who's been super sick in the hospital the past 2 & 1/2  weeks and had to go make up 4 finals she missed when she got back to school. THIS GIRL. Oh well, it wasn't all bad. Okay, it was terrible. But a very good friend of mine made it all worthwhile today. I'm forever grateful. I'll give a full description at the end. Enjoy the chapter!

Tan Son Nhat airport, terminal drop off, 10:26 am

Sreeech!

A family taking their luggage out of their van in front of Percy jumped a mile into the air as he savagely braked the motorcycle in front of them.

(Vietnamese) "Damn tourists!" the mother snapped but Percy ignored her.

The second he killed the engine, he exhaled intensely and ran his hand through his black hair to fix the messy, windswept locks. He felt Nico's body (and his), still shaking slightly from the motion of the drive.

Nico immediately leapt off the motorcycle and scrambled wobbly to stand. His heart was threatening to explode in his chest as he leaned on a nearby column.

"Never, never, again with you," he choked.

Percy rolled his eyes as he leaned the bike on a foot.

"Oh okay, well thanks Percy," he imitated Nico's earlier quip but the prince was still yapping to himself.

"A-And we just...flew over that ledge! And I swear to god, we should've...but we didn't because you–"

He suddenly snapped back to Percy and pointed a finger in his face.

"Do you not remember how many guys I just kicked between the legs? You've been on that list way before any of them, buddy!"

Percy blinked and his hand twitched.

"Wh...Can you get out of my face?" Percy snapped and swatted Nico's hand away from his face and just looked at him.

The prince's hair was sticking out in different directions and his shirt was slightly twisted and hanging more to one side. As he fixed himself, Percy kicked down the bike stand and moved off the bike with more grace.

"Trust me," Percy said seriously as he quickly went around the bike wiping away prints, "that drive's really nothing compared to what else I've done."

Somehow that threw off Nico's focus...so was also seeing the way Percy's hair was still wisping to one side. Nico fell silent as he waited impatiently, hopping stressfully on the balls of his feet. He tried to think about the flight, Kronos's other hitman, and quickly looked down at his necklace.

'Good, it's still hiding in my shirt!' he huffed inwardly. 'REALLY Nico, no more slip-ups like–'

Percy snapped his fingers to get the younger boy's attention.

Nico looked back at him, still fidgeting.

"W-What?"

"Come on, your highness!" he sighed as he raised his hand out for his backpack. "Where's your sense of urgency?!"

And Nico finally blinked.

"Oh no!"

He hurriedly took it off and handed it back to him. Percy eyed him quickly as he put it on. Then he moved around the bike and rushed into the airport, but Nico spared the awesome, black motorcycle one more look.

One day, if he was lucky, he'd get to drive one himself.

...

Flight 7 non-stop to Moscow, 10:34 am