Chapter 23: When Demigods Go Down Under

Oh my gods this is a long chapter. I hope you're ready. Word length: 12,947.

I know some of you were concerned with my short intro and completely ignoring doing my regular outro last chapter. I was going through something, so that's also why the chapter wasn't as good as normal. But here's a new update with a better feeling me so I hope you enjoy.

I don't know how you guys can read such a long, winding thing and come out alive but it means the world to know that my love for this AU is really reflecting on screen and with you guys. :) I'll always keep writing, but it's very sweet to know you're trying to keep up with me haha. I also have no ill feelings if you're pissed at me for spamming your device with updates that aren't chapters (haha then again, you signed that death wish when you decided to add this story to your library lol). Haha but thanks so much everybody! Please read in moderation so you don't hurt yourself haha. I write lots but everything is relevant and plays a part in the future. ;)

SIDE NOTE: I am starting a new Percico AU called Sing For Me. One of my readers brought up the idea of a singer AU and I've already started working on it. Now, Mission Accomplished? is sort of being put on hold for right now. I have terrible writer's block for it, and I have different ideas in my head, but I want to lay it all out and see which orders would be best and what ideas to keep or scrap or whatever. I hope you'll be patient. The cover for Sing For Me is above. Isn't it cool?! Another book I'm starting is a Destiel AU called Immortal and the prologue is already up! I hope you enjoy them both.

...

"What would it take, for things to be quiet, quiet like the snow?"

...

New York, Buffalo Niagara International Airport, 10:59 am

The minute Percy and Nico got off the plane, skipped past security and entered the airport terminal, they were dressed to impress and ready to hit the road.

Nico felt better after her long sleep and Percy (who hadn't slept since the flight to Russia but could still go on another day without it) was back to his skin-perfect, ass-kicking self. But when Nico moved in to grip Percy's arm–

"H...Holy crap."

He looked down at the prince questionably.

Nico's wide eyes (accented by his thick lashes) drank up the room like he'd landed on a new planet.

Percy quirked an eyebrow.

"What's wrong with you? You look like you'd never seen this kind of thing before."

But Nico didn't answer, still feeling jetlagged and darting his eyes around like two brown, nervous birds as he stared at everyone wrapped up in their holiday fever. He watched a mom and her sister scream in the distance and run to hug each other, and spotted a man (pushing a mountain of Christmas presents on a trolley) get bumped by someone and watched them fall over. As several people tried to help him, Nico moved on to a group of college boys singing stupidly together while they waited for their flights to arrive, then quickly spotted an old, Indian couple scurry over to their son and daughter-in-law as they arrived from their flight with the Emirates. Seeing the father lean out to hug his granddaughter made Nico gulp.

"I..." he started but took a deep breath and tried again. A small smile peeked on his lips. "It's just sorta weird to be here two weeks earlier than I normally would be... I usually come back in January so I've never seen the airport like this!"