Chapter 5: Fall of a Prince, Rise of a Thief

He was ready to kill it.

He was ready to steal it.

Instead, the two stared at each other for the longest time, with one trying to calculate his risks, and the other trying not to black out.

When the initial penetrating fear wore off, Nico whimpered behind his gag and tried to scramble further against the wall to get away from him as he watched his goggles look him over.

Percy took in his clothes, fabrics of black and grey, and he watched tge boy shiver as the vent blew cold air on his arms.

From his pale almost gothic features, Percy guessed he wasn't from around here. His hair was dark and wavy except for one strange white streak.

And he had these huge, expressive eyes that seemed to drink in everything, eyes with a color Percy couldn't make out in the shadows of the room but knew they weren't average.

The unfamiliar guest narrowed his eyes behind the goggles and moved slowly toward the boy, careful not to make any sudden movements.

When he was sure the pale teen wouldn't move, he reached up his hands. Nico flinched, scared of a new weapon appearing and not at all prepared (or relieved) when he watched where his hands were actually going.

A moment later, his gas mask was off.

The cool air rushed around Percy's face and blew his bangs into his eyes, but he didn't move.

He stared at Percy with a serious gaze as he took in his profile, then Percy raised a gloved finger to his lips and narrowed his eyes. He needed this boy to be silent.

Nico felt all the breath rush out of his nose.

His heart pounded a little more painfully in his chest.

His face grew really warm.

Nico took in his sea-colored eyes and perfectly messy black hair that fell above his eyes through the moonlight in the dirty window. Nico also noticed his strong jaw and he had a couple of white hairs sprinkled around his scalp.

But this teen didn't look that much older than he was. He was maybe a year or two older so he guessed the white hair was probably genetic or from the stress that came with the job.

Wait. His job...Yeah, his job.

His job killing people. Like you.

Nico abruptly stopped staring and jerked forward.

He tried to hit the teen's jaw with his head, to get him away, but his reflexes were quicker.

The unmasked stranger pressed a hand to Nico's chest and pushed him back hard against the wall.

The force of it was so strong that it knocked the breath out of Nico and his eyes bugged out as he watched Percy's gaze go from serious to cold.

"Don't even think about it," he whispered darkly and Nico heaved deeply, trying to ignore the large palm resting slightly above his heart. All thoughts of him being cute flew out the window.

He scared the shit out of Nico.

The guy then quickly moved his hands behind Nico's head and without a second thought he untied the gag, letting it fall into Nico's lap. When he felt the cold air dance around his mouth, he parted his lips ready to scream, but Percy quickly covered his mouth with his hand.

Nico froze as Percy leaned back down to whisper to him.

"This is a warning," he breathed over the shell of Nico's ear, his voice deep and husky. "Be quiet and stay hidden."