Chapter 34: The Second Battle of Belief

THIS HAS BEEN MY FAVORITE CHAPTER TO WRITE SO FAR!

Also please read the author's note at the end for me! I have a request!

For those of you confused as to how the boys look, they're above for your viewing pleasure.

Oh and happy Labor Day. One of my college classes got cancelled today so I am giving this to you as one of the September updates. I am aiming to get back to a regular schedule, hopefully being able to update once every week or two. But now that college has started we'll see how that really plays out lol.

The more and more I write, the more my heart soars. I'm so happy that I didn't stop writing for you guys because this story just continues to excite me every time I check another chapter off my list. So thanks to all you guys for reading and being patient, understanding, and invested – I know summer was seriously crazy, school is starting and we're all jetting off to do things but it's very kind of y'all (: And to my commenters, haha as I always say, thanks forever and always. All your thoughts and reactions make me smile, laugh, and cry constantly. It's so cool that by some strange, unknown magic we connect on that level :3 Now enjoy, this is the end of the Trust Arc.

"But if I could shed my armor, lay in your arms, sink in your death, pass through to you... I could dare to love again."

Long Island hidden lake, 6:59 a.m.

Nico's mouth fell open.

"That's... That's Annabeth?"

All this time it hadn't been a girlfriend, or another spy.

He imagined (and was mentally preparing to see) some beautiful brunette or redhead sweetheart – not a girl with curly blonde, hair and bright, gray eyes.

Wait.

Striking hair.

Bright, intelligent eyes!

And she had a face... almost similar to the boy lying next to him.

"Pe... Percy!"

Nico's body started to shake.

"Is she your–"

In a flash, Percy backed away a little on his arms and feet.

Nico looked at him for a split second before he turned back to the scene unfolding ahead of him.

He thought he was panicking in happy shock.

"I c-can't believe, it! Percy, you... you have a sister?!" he whispered. "A-And a brother?! Or are they cousins?"

He didn't want their voices to echo down but the other two were so far down they wouldn't have heard him shouting if he wanted.

He sat up a little to spy on them again.

"Wh-What are you gonna say?" he mumbled happily. "What are you gonna do?! How-How're–"

But a second later, Percy kicked snow into Nico's face by accident. He didn't apologize.

Nico spun around.

"Wait, w-what are you doing?!"

Percy's mouth was open and he was panting heavily as he kept moving away. The sky above them was growing more blue with the coming sunrise but the shadows from the trees darkened Percy's features so Nico couldn't see.

The prince huffed. What was his deal?

Percy angrily tried to wipe his face with his sleeve and Nico didn't understand why – until Percy pulled away his arm and turned back to the sky.