Chapter 2: The Beautiful Shadow Prince

Four weeks later

Thailand, 5:37 pm

"Look whose back, guys!"

A group of kids turned their heads. Their faces exploded with excitement.

"NICOOOOO!"

The other people in the airport jumped at the abrupt screaming. One guy even dropped his suitcase and all his clothes fell out of his luggage.

Who knew seven (seemingly quiet) boys and one girl could make such noise! People watched in amusement as the little crowd stampeded over to the young man coming through the glass doors. They also had several men dressed in business suits tagging behind them. Whoever the boy was, they figured he was probably rich.

They would have no idea just how rich he was.

Nico Di Angelo lifted his sunglasses and gave his family a blinding white grin. He was wearing a black muscle top with the words Olympus University written on it, black jeans, and black sneakers. When his posse came close, he pulled out his black earbuds and dropped his bags, arms open wide to greet them.

"Hollah!"

"Ew, don't say that!" Timmy, one of the boys stuck out his tongue and Nico was suddenly tackled by Bobby, the youngest boy, in a giant bear hug.

"Nico! Nico! Nico! Finally, you're back! Jonathan SUCKS at finding frogs!" the eight year-old cried.

"I DO NOT!"

"Oh Nico! Alexander was spying on that maid he likes so much again!" Patrick butted in. "I saw him! When I was reading in the l–"

"PARTICK! YOU WERE SPYING ON ME?!"

"Guys, sheesh! He just landed and you're already talking gossip?" Bianca, the mature second eldest of the eight said. (She was the only girl.)

"What's the problem, Bianca?!" Timmy said. "Why do you always suck the fun out of ever–"

Nico interrupted them with his arms crossed.

"Uh bup bup!" he scolded and they stopped. "Wait, what do we do first?"

The seven boys and one girl jumped when they remembered and after Nico put Bobby down he bent slightly facing all the kids in a circle ready to do 'their thing'. He laughed.

"Fist up, everyone!"

And immediately all seven boys of the boys and Bianca, made fists with their hands and lifted their arms like were fist pumping. When they joined them together above their heads, Elijah cheered and they all broke apart happily. Nico was then enveloped in a huge group hug and he squeezed his brown eyes blissfully shut.

God, he missed his brothers and sister when he was away!

When they pulled away, Jonathan, the oldest of his seven brothers came up to him again and gave him another big hug.

"Wow, Nico! Long Island must be killing you!" He laughed. "Look how you dressed! Isn't it snowing there right now?"

"Exactly!" Nico smiled widely. "Which is why I couldn't wait for my winter exams to end! Being away for eight months from you guys is torture."

And they laughed, just as an older gentleman came up to them in his black suit. He smiled.

"Well then I suppose all the pampering that awaits you will be worth the wait, huh prince?"

Nico made a big smile and let the man envelope him in a warm hug.

"It is good to see you again, Mr. Hades," he said into the shirt of his country's Prime Minister. Hades pulled away and straightened out his suit. Nico rolled his eyes.