Chapter 10: His Shotgun Prince

OMFGs, I AM SO SORRY FOR THE LATE UPDATE! No one was commenting or voting, so I just didn't think about it. But here it is!

...

Hotel room, 7:13 am

Nico woke up to find Percy gone.

He rubbed his head and looked around, still trying to shake off the nightmare, but Percy's bed was made and there was no sign of his backpack.

Yes! And Nico bolted out of the bed but stopped short because he realized Percy's police belt was on the desk. It meant he was still coming back.

Nico sighed angrily and rubbed his head. 'Perfect, the one time when you DON'T want the cute guy to stay,' he grumbled to himself.

Nico had no clue when Percy would come back or for how long he'd been gone in the first place. What if he was outside sharpening his knives or shooting birds for sport? Or what if he had one of his memory-rub-my-eye flashes that made him go off and do something stupid? Not that he cared anyway. Nico didn't care what Percy did or what he thought.

He didn't even care if Percy forgot his stuff and decided to ditch him. It was for the best anyway.

His stuff, huh?

Nico looked around the hotel room nervously. The warm orange sunrise poured through the open curtains and the birds and early mornings shouts from the families surrounding him filled his senses. It should've been relaxing, almost tranquil...but...

In his best cat impression, he slinked with a rapid heartbeat over to the desk.

Going into cardiac arrest this early in the morning CANNOT be good for a person! But he delicately took hold of Percy's belt and pulled it slightly toward him. [A/N: I'm sorry... this sentence can just go either way! XD ] When the metal latches scratched against the wood loudly he jerked but otherwise kept tugging it with determination.

"If he won't tell me anything about himself," he whispered, "then a guy's got to go digging himself, right?"

When it was near to him, Nico leaned over and rubbed the police belt's material. It was black and coarse and it made him grimace that Percy had actually had the balls to steal it from a police officer when he knew he was wanted by them. With a tiny huff, Nico then opened several compartments and poked around the contents.

Nico found a small tube of grease (which he guessed was some kind of door lubricant), Percy's lock pick set, a tiny flashlight and a set of earplugs. Nico rolled his eyes but smiled to himself – Percy is a Grade-A sneak!

But when he thought that was the end of that, his knuckle hit something on the far side of the belt and pulled it out of the gun holster. Nico rolled the tiny oval-shaped container in his hand and frowned because he wasn't sure what it was.

A retainer case maybe? he thought, but when he tried to pry it open it wouldn't budge. Nico sighed and put it back, thinking that if it maybe was Percy's retainer it would explain his gorgeous pearly whites being so straight. Nico smacked his head.

...But then suddenly someone made a loud scream.

...

Percy gritted his teeth. His green eyes searched the room.

The t-shirt he'd used to dry his hair was still on the bed but...no prince!

Percy rubbed his eye angrily, ready to get his fury on when he heard strange noises coming from the back of the hotel room. With a glare, Percy strode across the carpet threshold, tossing his backpack on the bed and went to the sliding doors that lead to the room's back balcony.