Chapter 32: With the Island's Blessing

Okay, before this chapter starts I want to sincerely apologize for this seven to nine month late update. In all honesty, not only had I lost all motivation to write, but there were some serious issues I had to deal with in my life. I've completed my first year of college, and nothing at all has turned out like I expected. For the full story, please read the author's note I will put at the end of this chapter. Thank you.

Everything written below this point was from what should have been the October update.

HAPPY BELATED HALLOWEEN, THANKSGIVING, CHRISTMAS, NEW YEAR'S, VALENTINE'S DAY, ST. PATRICK'S DAY, AND FOURTH OF JULY, WITCHES!!!! IN CELEBRATION OF THESE HOLIDAYS HERE IS THE LONG AWAITED UPDATE (and maybe a second one later ;) ) TO COMMEMORATE THE END OF THE SEASON OF SPOOKS AND CANDY AND FOOD AND FAMILY AND PRESENTS AND LIGHTS AND FIREWORKS AND LOVE AND SWEETS AND GREEN AND IRISHNESS!

ALSO WE HAVE OVER 1.1K MEMBERS IN OUR BOOK CLUB NOW?!?! THAT'S CRAZY! THANK YOU GUYS SO MUCH!!!

This chapter gives me emotional pains like everywhere, oh gosh. Lol okay guys, get comfy!

...

"Who I am from the start, take me home to my heart. Let me go and I will run, I will not be silent.
All this time spent in vain, wasted years, wasted gain. All is lost, hope remains, and this war's not over."

...

Outskirts of Long Island, 5:32 a.m.

Percy clenched his fist.

He opened his mouth, but the moment he knitted his eyebrows together, he paused. His heart suddenly began to race.

The welcome sign was right in front of him, and the moon shone down on it like the night he'd woken up. It made his fingers twitch anxiously but it was no time to be...

No.

No... He refused to say scared.

But god knew he felt it.

So he rubbed his eye instead and put on his game face.

"Alright, let's go get this over with."

"Get this over w...?" Nico blinked and shook his head a little. "Percy, wait."

The older boy stopped and turned back to look at him. His blank but calculating stare made Nico uncomfortable – how was it that even though he'd admitted toHazel (and himself long ago) that he liked this guy, but Percy still made him nervous sometimes?

Nico frowned as Percy waited for his answer.

"How did you... How did you snap out of it?" Nico asked about the bleeding effect.

He'd wanted to ask Percy since he first spoke, but with Hazel abruptly leaving, Nico's head was more wrapped around losing their new friend. Percy blinked and looked at the river in the distance.

Percy shook his head.

"I don't know," he said low and honest. "I really don't."

"..."

He rubbed his head.

"I just...When we were back in the field and you caught that paper–"

"I know, I know I'm sorry–"

"No, you didn't see," Percy stopped Nico and threw a hand out. "I saw this... I felt this wave wash over me."

Nico's eyebrows lifted.