The Blue Beam Project

This is a fantastic conspiracy theory that NASA is using advanced technology to implement a new age religion headed by the antichrist. The four steps that they would supposedly employ to accomplish this is: Breakdown of archeological knowledge; gigantic space show with three dimensional hologram projections; telepathic communication to make people think that the new god is speaking to them; make humanity think that an alien invasion is imminent and make the Christians think that the rapture is taking place.

What is new age religion? It's essentially an eclectic bunch of beliefs and practices that are both new and old. It's supposed to be a better way to live like the Age of Aquarius. It grew out of the communal culture of the 60's and branched into several different avenues, which means it has no well-defined theology. Much of it centers on the idea of an infinite spirit or a universal principle. In other words we are all one with the universe, sort of like a primal life force that permeates everything.

I'm not sure why NASA would be interested in new age religion even if it would be used to form a new world government; although, I can see why this would be a conspiracy. The first step is to create artificial earthquakes at precise locations in an attempt to persuade people that the fundamental religions are in error and that God is a hoax and does not exist. The idea is to debunk all of the main religions and substitute a belief in new age ideas.

The second step is even more outrageous. By means of holographic imagery and sounds, NASA will convince people in various regions that a new god is now to be believed by using their languages to communicate with them. This sounds like a second coming, but it would be this new god, not what we expected.

First of all the technology necessary to pull this off does not exist. It would require a lot of energy to project credible images onto a 'sodium' layer 60 miles above the Earth. Even wilder would be projecting the sound of the new god's voice so that everyone could hear it.

The third step requires using thought projection, which doesn't exist, at least not on a global scale.

The fourth step could be done because most people believe everything they hear.

This theory came from articles by Canadian conspiracy theorist Serge Monast in 1994 and subsequently published in a book 'Project Blue Bean (NASA).

This project was supposed to be implemented in 1983. Oops! They changed the date to 1995 and then 1996. Oops again!

The origin of this crazy conspiracy is supposedly based on a Gene Roddenberry's Star Trek script that proposed having an alien UFO hover over Earth and send down people who looked like prophets, including Jesus Christ. Supposedly, a reworked script was used for a Next Generation episode 'Devil's Due'. Actually, William Douglas Lansford wrote the script for this. The plot is that the crew goes to planet on which the populace thinks that the end time is coming because a thousand years ago they made a deal with the devil named Ardra to be her personal slaves for a thousand years and she has come back to make good on it. Turns out she was an imposter using advanced technology to fool the populace.

This conspiracy theory was revived because of a spectacular night sky show on December 9, 2009 of a serious of perfect spirals that suddenly disappeared. It definitely wasn't a natural phenomenon. Turns out it was failed Russian missile test. The large supposed projected image made people think about the idea of a hologram, just like in the proposed conspiracy theory.

Believe me when I say that NASA doesn't have a big enough budget to pull this crazy idea off. This is the same NASA that bungled two shuttle missions, killing 14 astronauts. I wouldn't put my money on this one. It's too outrageous.

Thanks for reading.