The Well to Hell hoax

Thanks to @GmoYzi for this one.

Allegedly, a team of Russian engineers found an opening to Hell and recorded the screams of people suffering in it. The alleged Well to Hell was found by drilling a hole 14 kilometers deep in Siberia. They weren't looking for Hell. They were trying to listen to noises of the magna below but instead heard screams of tormented people.

A Finnish Newspaper Amennusastia located in Leväsjoki, a village in Western Finland, first published the report of this amazing discovery in 1990. Why Finland? The article was based on a letter that ultimately had its origin from a group of Messianic Jews in California. At this point I would be suspicious that this is some crackpot idea, mainly because some religious organization is involved. This is further reinforced by the fact that the American Christian TBM (Trinity Broadcasting Network) used it to prove that Hell exists.

This sounds more like a Tabloid hoax, which makes sense because a lot of their stories in tabloids are based on unscrupulous information.

A YouTube post has the supposed sound tape and I listened to it. The quality is so bad it's impossible to tell what is making the noise. It could be from a riot or a wild party. Someone commented that it's a audio-clip from the movie Blood Baron. I'm not sure this is a movie or a computer game or what. The YouTube commentator portrayed it as being a real recording of sounds from Hell.

Now, let me tell you why this is ridiculous. First of all, Hell is not underground. This is an ancient concept because hot stuff (magna) comes out of the ground and that made them believe it was Hell. We know it's not. Hell is for souls, not bodies, despite the fact that Hell is displayed that way in classic art. No one knows how to draw a soul.

If Russian engineers had recorded these sounds they would have gotten a much cleaner recording. The one that's floating around in the media is obviously faked or is a recording from a movie or video game.

The main reason this is a hoax is because it's being touted as proof that there is a Hell by fundamental religious organizations. There is no proof for anything religious. Religion is based on faith not scientific proof.

Thanks for reading.