The Bilderberg Group conspiracy

This is one that you seldom hear about. Supposedly, it's an elite organization of 120-200 of the world's most powerful bankers, businessmen and politicians. They get together from time to time to plot out their agenda for the world. This is just one more example of a exclusive secret organization, which automatically makes its operations a conspiracy. Allegedly, this group is connected to The Council on Foreign Relations, the Trilateral Commission, and other secret societies like the Round Table, and the Committee of 300.

The Bilderberg Group is named for a hotel in the Netherlands, and it was founded in 1954 when it held its first meeting from May 29 to 31 at the Hotel de Bilderberg in Oosterbeek, Netherlands. The ostensible mission of this group is to promote Atlanticism, which means cooperation between Europe and the United States and to promote the values that unite them.

This organization meets once a year in the form of an annual conference, but they are not necessarily held in the Netherlands. The principal agent of the organization is the chairman of the Steering Committee. Most of these have been European. In fact, two thirds of the participants are from Europe.
A Polish politician in exile, Józef Retinger, is the permanent secretary, supposedly chosen because he is concerned about anti-American sentiment in Europe.

It appears that the main conspiracy is one that we've heard before: one world government. Of course, the organization denies this claim. However, when bankers, politicians and directors of large businesses get together, this will be the main suspicion, especially when the meetings are held in secret. What makes me laugh is that someone claims that the Bilderberg group is active in the American Republican party. In light of what's been happening in the undisciplined campaign for president that would be funny. Other claims have them connected with the John Birch society, and I've seen claims that Nazi's are involved. Of course books have been written about this secret group, and even a movie was made about it. I'm not surprised about that.

This is just another case of secret society = conspiracy to dominate the world. This is a typical James Bond plot idea without the violence and intrigue. Are these elite leaders of business and government conspiring to take over the world? Unlikely. Are they trying to arrange deals to increase their businesses? Probably. Otherwise, it's boring.

Thanks for reading.