More 2016 conspiracies

These are some of the recent conspiracy theories going around this year and they involve Ted Cruz, not Trump.

George Soros is leading a global effort to abolish the game of golf. The crux of this theory is that the UN passed a non-binding resolution by 178 nations, including the United States, to abolish unsustainable environments like golf courses. Also included are grazing pastures, and paved roads. Ted Cruz claims that this George Soros person is running for the senate and is socialist. That sounds crazy to me.

Communists infiltrated Harvard Law School. Ten Cruz claimed this in a speech to a tea party group. He claimed that the Law School has been taken over by Marxists and communists, and that they plan to take over the U.S. government.

Islamic law threatens the United States. Cruz told this to a senate candidate's forum last year. He said that Sharia law is an enormous problem in the United States. He claims that the Islamic law ideas are replacing American law. It will be a Holy Day in Hell when we convert to Sharia law in this country without one hell of a fight. Our law is based on a constitution, not a religion.

Obama wants the immigration bill to fail so that he can campaign on it in 2016. Cruz claims that Obama is doing this on purpose because he knew that the bill would be scuttled. What Cruz forgets is that president Bush supported a key immigration reform as a path to citizenship in 2007. The Gang of Eight bill, including Republican senators, John McCain, Marco Rubio, Lindsay Graham and Jeff Flake, also had a path to citizenship section. It appears that the only reason Republicans won't pass the current bill is because Obama is sponsoring it.

George W. Bush led an assault on Texas sovereignty. This involved a Supreme Court case that permitted Texas to execute a Mexican national despite the fact that it violated America's treaty obligations to deny the Mexican national to have consul from his country. Cruz claimed in his first campaign ad that he was responsible for the Supreme Court decision.

And, you thought that Donald Trump was the only crazy. Ten Cruz sounds just as bad.

Thanks for reading.