De-population conspiracy

This eugenics conspiracy theory is most disturbing because it harkens back to the Nazi's attempt to commit genocide on Jews and other people they considered to be undesirable.

Allegedly, some people believe that the current population of 7 billion is too much for the planet Earth. They say that the population should be around 500 million in order to have a balanced natural world. Ladies and Gentlemen, this is a fantasy. There is no way that they (whoever they are) could pare the population down that far.

How would they try to do it? Well, one method would be to manufacture a viral disease that would kill many because of lack of immunity. That would suggest that they would need to have created a vaccine against the virus so that only the people they wanted to survive would live. I believe that something like this could be done, but there are large hurdles to get it off the ground. For one thing, it would have to be done by some secret government agency that has the biological research facilities and experts to pull it off. It would be equivalent to a Manhattan type project that built the first atomic bomb. The reason I say this is because this project would require great secrecy if it ever hoped to be successful.

There are many reasons that this idea would fail or be revealed. One is the fact that there will always be some people with natural immunity. These would not be the people in the elite survival group plan and they would represent a threat to those that did survive. The other problem is that if the project were compromised, there would be a war that would destroy it. No other country would just stand back and be killed off that easily. They would use nuclear war in retaliation, negating any advantage to those who devised the project.

There have been many mad dog idiots who have considered or propagated this idea of euthanasia. Hitler and the Nazis referred to undesirable people as 'nützlose Fresser', or useless eaters. The Nazi's tried to accomplish this by poisoning or sterilizing mentally or physically ill, or disabled people. However, the Nazis were not the first to propose euthanasia as a means to control population.

There are many other reasons the de-population project would be a bad idea. One is that it would drastically reduce the labor force, the military and safety forces. This would lead to the collapse of society. A good example of where an attempt to control population growth had failed is in China. Their one-child mandate ended up causing economic disruption and gender unbalancing. The Chinese value boy babies over girls and the resultant effect is that there are many Chinese young men who can't find a mate. This caused an eventual change in the age of their population.

I believe that this conspiracy theory is more of a product of science fiction. 'Soylent Green' and 'Logan's Run' are two movies that come to mind. The idea of using technology to reduce the population would result in more serious consequences. Besides, who determines who is going to live? I rest my case.

Thanks for reading.