Chapter 6

Destiny POV

Saturday

My body was hurting from yesterday. Rocky, Jay and Bristol worked me to the core. Who knew learning how to fight would take so much energy.

Now I'm in this room, at Saturday school, with two other people who were sleep. I was bored and we couldn't be on our phones.

"Wake up you hoolingans." Mr.Tucker slammed books down on the desk.

"And why are you walking in late?" I turned my attention to who Mr.Tucker was talking to. It was Rome.

"I had some shit to do." he shrugged.

"Well, take a seat and be quiet." Mr. Tucker demanded.

Rome took a seat next to mine. He looked at me surprised.

"What the hell did you do to come here?" he asked.

"Ask your hoe, Diane." I rolled my eyes at the thought of her.

"Damn." he shook his head and chuckled.

"What about you?" I questioned.

"Skipping." he replied simply.

"Alright, enough with the talking, get up and help the janitors." Mr.Tucker yelled.

Oh, I forgot to mention that all of us had to clean the cafeteria.

We all slowly walked to our destention.

"Rome, can I ask you something?" I asked as we walked.

"You just did but what?"

"Why do you and Macky hate each other?"

"I don't hate that nigga, i just don't respect him." Rome shrugged.

"He's not that bad." I tried too reason wit him.

"You sound like most females." he shook his head.

"What's that suppose to mean?" I stopped walking and made him stop too.

"After a nigga almost beat yo ass, you still think he's a good person. Bitches these days got no morals."

"I'm not a bitch so don't call me one and all I was saying was that Macky not a bad person, yeah he has his flaws but everyone does." I put my hand on my hip.

"I don't know how people deal with yo bougie ass." he started to walk again.

"And I don't know how people deal with your mean ass." I started to raise my voice before I knew it Rome had me pinned up.

"You better calm yo ass down. You asked me a question so don't get mad at the damn answer. I do think you sound dumb as fuck to take up for a nigga that don't give a fuck about you. If it wasn't for my mean ass he woulda beat yo ass." he let me go after he was finished.

I watched the back of his figure walk into the cafeteria and I stayed quiet. Did he just check me? I think he did.

After I little bit I walked where everyone else was and saw them clean. I grabbed a broom and headed to where Rome was.

"Look, I'm sorry about earlier." I apologized.

He ignored me.

"Hows your sister?" I changed the subject.

Silence.

"I remember meeting her when we had to go to your place. She was fiesty." I awkwardly chuckled

Still not a word.

"I hope your shoulder's doing better."

"Why you still talkin'? I see I didn't shut yo ass up earlier." He sighed.