Chapter 26

Destiny POV

"You want me to beat his ass?" he asked me. I thought he was joking until I noticed how serious he was.

"No, I just don't know what to do anymore." I wiped my eyes. I finished telling him the whole story between me and Morris.

"Just dump the nigga." he shrugged.

"It's not that easy, I don't want to hurt his feelings." I looked down at my plate, avoiding contact.

"He didn't care about your feeling when he said all that shit." I wasn't looking but I knew he was looking at me like I was crazy.

"I know but-"

"No buts, if you really tired of something then you make shit change, including yo relationship." I thought about what he said and he did have a point.

"I guess you're right." I finally looked up.

"Ain't no guessin', I know more than you think." he started eating his food.

"Thanks Major. You're a good big brother." I gave him a small smile before digging into my food.

"No problem but I need you to call Kellcey so she don't think I'm creepin' on her ass."

I picked up my phone and ignored the 30 calls and text from Morris and went to snapchat.

I took a quick picture of Major and sent the snap to Kellcey. Almost right after I sent it I saw the she opened it.

"She knows." Major nodded while eating.

"Got me out here late at night and shit." he teased me.

"My bad but I needed to talk to you."

"Destiny, for real, if a nigga ain't treatin' you right then get rid of him. No questions asked. I can't have you cryin' and shit over a nigga that's replaceable." I took in the words he said.

"How's Dustin coming along with finding Hendrix?" I changed the subject. I've been looking for my dad for two years now.

"Last time I checked he found out what state he was in, now he just gotta find out the rest. "Major said. I nodded my head.

"Whatchu gonna do when you see him?"

"Honestly, I don't really know. I haven't thought that far." I said after a moment of really thinking.

"Well, when you meet his ass make sure one of us goes with you."

"I was going to ask Roc-" he cut me off.

"I'm talkin' bout a man, I don't know this nigga and he might be crazy. I need someone that's gon' protect you if something goes down."

"Fine." I huffed.

"This was coo but I need to get home and get me some lovin'." Major said when he was finished with his food.

"I guess I should go home too." I went to check my pockets for some cash but Major already put some money down on the table.

"Thanks again, Major." I gave him a hug after he walked me to the car.

"No big deal." he shrugged.

When I arrived home I immediately went to the guest house and was relived that Morris wasn't there. I went to my room and let sleep take over me.

****

"Where are you going?" I asked my daddy. I noticed he had a fresh cut and was dressed up. It was in the middle of the afternoon and I didn't have nothing to do.